Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2009 4:54:38 PM(UTC)
Simon2009

Groups: Registered

Basically, I need to read a barcode from a bitmap file. I'm using Powerbuilder and calling the API. I find it hard to get the BITMAPHANDLE. Is it supposed to show pBitmap.Flags.Allocated=1 if I'm successful? The L_LoadBitmap says my structure size is incorrect -789.

I've also installed the ActiveX object. Is there a simple method of obtaining the BITMAPHANDLE from that?

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 2, 2009 5:50:58 AM(UTC)

Basel  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

In LEADTOOLS 16.5, the size of the BITMAPHANDLE structure is 208 bytes (Unicode) or 176 bytes (ANSI). If you are passing a different size in the BITMAPHANDLE.uStructSize member or in the structure size parameter of the function, it will fail.

If your structure has a different size, you probably defined some of its members incorrectly.

About the Flags member, it's a special type of structure members called Bit Field. Basically, every flag will take one bit, for a total of 17 bits for the 17 flags defined in the structure. To round the member size to 32 bits, a dummy flag of size 15 bits is added at the end.

About accessing the internal bitmap handle of the LEAD Main OCX, you can use the 2 functions L_GetControlBitmap and L_SetControlBitmap defined in the DLL file LTOCXU.OCX itself. I don't have PowerBuilder declarations for these functions, but their VB6 declarations are:

Declare Function L_GetControlBitmap Lib "LTOCXU.OCX" (Ctrl As Object, hBitmap As LEADBitmapHandle) As Long
This function copies the image in the LEAD control to a LEAD BitmapHandle. The LEAD BitmapHandle can be released after this copy if it is not required. The function returns TRUE or ERROR CODE.

Declare Function L_SetControlBitmap Lib "LTOCXU.OCX" (Ctrl As Object, hBitmap As LEADBitmapHandle) As Long
This function sets the LEAD control with the image referenced by the LEAD BitmapHandle. The LEAD BitmapHandle can be freed after this copy if it is not required. The function returns TRUE or ERROR CODE.

#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 2, 2009 5:44:20 PM(UTC)
Simon2009

Groups: Registered

Thanks for the response. Could you give me the sizeof the following structures for my reference too? Thanks.

L_LoadBitmap ( ....pLoadOptions, pFileInfo )

#4 Posted : Thursday, December 3, 2009 5:54:10 AM(UTC)

Basel  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

LOADFILEOPTIONS is 44 and FILEINFO is 2200 (Unicode).
You can check them using sizeof() operator.