Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Monday, November 23, 2009 8:06:21 AM(UTC)
TEngberg

Groups: Registered

Can Annotations be displayed on thumbnails in the Raster ImageList? If so what it the recommended method of doing this? Is there a sample to do this?

For Example our customers are concerned that without redaction over a SSN in the thumbnails someone could get the SSN in the Thumbnail.

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 24, 2009 5:21:11 AM(UTC)

Adam Boulad  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

You can do this in more than one way, depending on your application.
You could draw on the control itself, for example using the Owner Draw approach.
You could also realize (burn) the annotation objects on a copy of the bitmap and generate the thumbnail from this copy. For Redaction annotation objects in particular, you can un-realize them to re-display what's under them. This is true even if you save the object for later re-loading, because the un-realize information is saved with the redact object.

The exact details depend on which LEADTOOLS version (15, 16, etc.) and programming interface (Main OCX, .NET classes, DLL API, C++ Classes, etc.) you are using, and also on the approach you choose.

#3 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2009 8:21:35 AM(UTC)
TEngberg

I'm using V16 and VB.NET to create an ActiveX Control that allows Annotations to be modiied from a browser interface.

See: http://support.leadtools...orums/7672/ShowPost.aspx

I changed the project to VB.NET and added an Image List to the control to display thumbnail pages.

#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 1, 2009 4:32:16 AM(UTC)

Adam Boulad  

Which approach do you intend on using? Is it:
1) raw on the control itself?
2) realize (burn) the annotation objects on a copy of the bitmap?

#5 Posted : Tuesday, December 1, 2009 5:38:03 AM(UTC)
TEngberg

The 2nd option to burn in the annotations, I think.
I'm not sure what "raw on the control itself" would entail.

My main concern is the ImageList memory usage for large documents with 100+ pages. (see Forum Link Below).

Could the "copy of the bitmap" be a smaller image for the thumbnails with the annotations burned in to reduce the image list memory usage as well?

Imagelist Memory issue:
http://support.leadtools.com/SupportPortal/CS/forums/31807/ShowPost.aspx

#6 Posted : Wednesday, December 2, 2009 5:41:18 AM(UTC)

Adam Boulad  

I'm sorry for the confusion, I mean to say "Draw on the control itself".
Yes, you can use a smaller copy of the image to burn the annotations on and preview as thumbnails.

To do that, first create a smaller image using ResizeCommand Class.

Since you're now dealing with a copy, you might not need to use annotations at all. Simply draw a rectangle on the areas you want to redact or hide. To do that, see the help topic "Drawing Simple Lines and Shapes".

If you want to use annotations, do they already exist on the larger image, or are you creating them on the smaller copy?
In either case, you can burn the annotations using the AnnAutomation.Realize Method.