Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Friday, November 6, 2009 5:33:06 AM(UTC)

Arnout  
Arnout

Groups: Registered

Hi,
Which files do I need to deploy a simple program? I copied a compiled version of this code to a test PC:

class Program
{
  public static void Main(string[] args)
  {
    LMDSKernelLib2.LMDSKernel2Class kernel2 = new LMDSKernelLib2.LMDSKernel2Class();
  }
}

I also copied DSKernel2.dll (and registered it) and Interop.LMDSKernelLib2.dll. The progam does nothing (as it should).
When I remove the DSKernel2.dll I get:
Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {E2B7DDA9-38C5-11D5-91F6-00104BDB8FF9} failed due to the following error: 8007007e.

When I remove Interop.LMDSKernelLib2.dll I get:
Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Interop.LMDSKernelLib2, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.File name: 'Interop.LMDSKernelLib2, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'

Do I really need both kernel files?

Thanks!

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Sunday, November 8, 2009 2:44:35 AM(UTC)

Basel  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Basically, you will need to copy LTMM16.DLL and DSKernel2.DLL and register them both using RegSvr32.EXE.
Since these DLLs contain ActiveX and COM objects, there can only be one copy of them on the PC, so you should place them both in the Windows\System32 folder if you're using a 32-bit version of Windows, or Windows\SysWow64 if you are using a 64-bit machine.

For more information about the DLLs that you need to distribute, please refer to the following topic in Our Multimedia Help File:
- Multimedia Files You Must Include With Your Application (Redistributables)

#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 10, 2009 7:55:38 AM(UTC)

Arnout  
Arnout

Thanks for your help Basel.
I added a reference to the com object DSKernel2 and it copies a Interop.LMDSKernelLib2 to the output folder. When I run the project it needs this Interop.LMDSKernelLib2 file or it wil give a filenotfound-exception. Is this correct or am I doing it wrong?

Thanks

#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 10, 2009 11:13:47 PM(UTC)
Maen Hasan

Groups: Registered, Tech Support

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

If you are using 32-bit version of Windows, you need to copy the LTMM16.DLL and DSKernel2.DLL files to the Windows\System32 folder and register them using the regsvr32.exe. Also, you need to place the Interop.LMDSKernelLib2.dll and Interop.LTMMLib.dll files in the same folder with your application Exe.

If you are using 64-bit version of windows, you need to copy the LTMM16.DLL and DSKernel2.DLL files to the Windows\SysWow64 folder and register them using the RegSvr32.EXE that exists in SysWOW64 folder. Also, you need to place the Interop.LMDSKernelLib2.dll and Interop.LTMMLib.dll files in the same folder with your application Exe.

Also, you should NOT build your application to Any CPU. You must specifically build for 32-bit (x86 CPU). The resulting 32-bit EXE can be deployed on both 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems.

Thanks,
Maen Badwan
LEADTOOLS Technical Support

#5 Posted : Tuesday, November 10, 2009 11:46:11 PM(UTC)

Arnout  
Arnout

Thanks Maen.

Arnout