Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Monday, October 5, 2009 3:35:25 PM(UTC)

Harman  
Harman

Groups: Registered

Hi,

I'm getting "COMException: LTMM Error: Unspecified error" when setting AxltmmPlayCtrl.sourcestream to a byte[] populated with a video (.wmv) read from Sql Server database. I tried converting the byte[] into MemoryStream but still no good.

MemoryStream ms = new MemoryStream(aBuffer);
ms.Flush();
try
{
axltmmPlayCtrl.sourcestream = ms;
axltmmPlayCtrl.SeekStart();
}
catch(Exception)
{
}

Could you please point me to .net support documentation for future queries.

Thanks!

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 6, 2009 4:06:16 AM(UTC)
Maen Hasan

Groups: Registered, Tech Support

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

You will not be able to read the WMV data from memory, because our toolkit uses the Microsoft WMV reader, which doesn't allow reading from memory. You need to write the file to disk, and then you can play it back using our toolkit.

Thanks,
Maen Badwan
LEADTOOLS Technical Support

#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 6, 2009 11:44:03 PM(UTC)

Harman  
Harman

Groups: Registered

Ok, I can flush the MemoryStream to disk as temp file and pass it to AxltmmPlayCtrl, but I need to know if the memorystream (or the newly written tmp file) contains Audio or Video and also their type (wmv, avi, mp3, etc) so that I can rename the temp file appropriately. More than the renaming part, I need to perform certain actions depening upon the type of file read from database.

Please also point me to .net support documentation for Lead Multimedia tools.

Thanks!

#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 7, 2009 12:46:37 AM(UTC)
Maen Hasan

Groups: Registered, Tech Support

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

After saving the file to disk, you can get detailed information about the source media file by using the ltmmMediaInfo Object.
For more information, please see the help topic "ltmmMediaInfo Object" in the LEADTOOLS Multimedia COM Help file.
Also, please read the help topic "Retrieving Media File Information Example for Visual Basic".

About the .Net support documentation for Lead Multimedia tools, you can check the VB6 code samples in the LEADTOOLS Multimedia COM Help file.
The VB6 code samples can be very helpful when programming in .Net, because the object model of our COM interfaces is similar when used in VB6 and .Net.
You can check the LEADTOOLS Multimedia COM help file online by using the following link:
http://www.leadtools.com/help/LEADTOOLS/v16/Multimedia/COM/

Thanks,
Maen Badwan
LEADTOOLS Technical Support