Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 23, 2009 11:40:06 PM(UTC)

Luigi  
Luigi

Groups: Registered

Hi,
I've used the project Capture Demo C# with Visual Studio 2005. I noticed that every video saved in a file is saved with the Avi extension, even if I choose the MJ2K compression (it is the mjpeg 2000, isn't it?).

It is possible to develop an application that save the movie and the audio in a file with the mj2 extension and mj2 file format?

Thanks

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Friday, September 25, 2009 5:15:56 AM(UTC)

GregR  
GregR

Groups: Registered, Tech Support, Administrators

The capture demo is just a demo and isn't designed to be a full blown application which provides the ability to save to any format, so we chose AVI since it's the most flexible format and you can use virtually any audio/video compression with it.

If you want to save to a different format that we support, change the value of the ltmmCaptureCtrl.TargetFormat property.  Some applications care about the file extension and IMO it's bad design.  However, many don't so if you want to save an AVI file with a ".mj2" extension you can do so by simply modifying the file name using the ltmmCaptureCtrl.TargetFile property.