Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Friday, July 24, 2009 8:36:28 AM(UTC)

pierreE  
pierreE

Groups: Registered

Thank you for replying.
I am using LEADTOOLS version 16.5 in C#.

The microCT is the device that generates file image files (Small Animal CT Scan).
It is not a in a DICOM Format, just an image file with a separate header text file.
I cannot load the file in the demo.

Looking at the file, there is no header indicating any type of format. I could assume it is in a raw format or a specific format without a header.
I will experiment with this idea.
I am not sure if I can send you a sample image, since it is from real studies.

Thank you again.

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2009 12:57:48 AM(UTC)
Maen Hasan

Groups: Registered, Tech Support

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

I want to investigate this issue further. Please send an email to support@leadtools.com and include the following information in the message:
1. Your LEADTOOLS product serial number (do NOT post it here)
2. a sample CT image.
3. Mention this forum post.

Thanks,
Maen Badwan
LEADTOOLS Technical Support

#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2009 4:37:25 AM(UTC)

GregR  
GregR

Groups: Registered, Tech Support, Administrators

Our support department has received your email (ticket 2009081010001029).  We are working on this issue and will respond back as soon as we have more information.

#4 Posted : Friday, September 18, 2009 11:16:12 AM(UTC)

pierreE  
pierreE

Hello,
I am still having issues with reading raw image files.
The image format is:
192x192 pixels.
16 bit signed
little endian

Using this code:
string fileName = @"C:\Docs\DICOM\Dolores_11_12_07\Mouse 1\Mouse1_000.ct";
RasterCodecs.Startup();
RasterCodecs codecs = new RasterCodecs();

try
{
Leadtools.RasterImage image = codecs.Load(fileName, 192, 192, 16, RasterSizeFlags.None, CodecsLoadByteOrder.Gray);
}
catch (Exception e1)
{
MessageBox.Show(e1.Message);
}
RasterCodecs.Shutdown();

I get an Exception: "Invalid file format".
Am I missing the code that recognizes raw images?

These are the ones I have in my project:
Leadtools.Codecs
.bmp
.cmp
.Gif
.Img
.J2k
.Png
.Ras
.Raw
.Tif

By the way, I am able to display this raw image various image programs, and I am able to convert this image myself to a jpeg or bitmap.

Please advise,
Thank you,
Pierre.

#5 Posted : Tuesday, September 22, 2009 3:37:21 AM(UTC)

GregR  
GregR

Did you get my email regarding this issue in the ticket 2009081010001029?  Here's what I said just in case you didn't:

We do not support this format.  I'm guessing this is a proprietary format created by the device you are using.  If you send more sample files and more information about the file format (specifications, manufacturer, etc.) I can submit a feature request to add support for it.

You mentioned that this is a raw image and that you're able to convert the image yourself into a JPEG or bitmap.  Since we don't support this format at this time, that is a viable solution.  If you want to use LEADTOOLS to load the RAW data, you have to use the RasterCodecs.LoadInformation event.  For more details and an example, please see the documentation on that event as well as the article "File Formats: Raw".

#6 Posted : Wednesday, September 23, 2009 5:44:50 AM(UTC)

pierreE  
pierreE

Greg,
thank you for the reply.
I will try to send you more sample files. In the meantime I continued to work on it and I was able to have leadtools load the file without any exceptions. I loaded the image info in the Rastercodec using CodecsLoadInformationEventArgs. I still did not get a good image (as you mentioned because of the lack of support of this format.)
However, I do not think it is a proprietary format, it is simply a 16 bit signed little endian file that I can open with any program that allows me to enter this information.
The problem is that when I convert to JPEG (going through each pixel and convert), I do loose the image fidelity for measurements when having the image in a DICOM file and looked at on a PACS.
Thank you,
Pierre.

#7 Posted : Thursday, September 24, 2009 4:04:09 AM(UTC)

GregR  
GregR

Additional files aren't necessary at this time.

If it's truly just RAW image data, we should be able to load and display it just the same as other applications.  Please send a small sample project (NOT your entire application) that isolates this problem so I can try to reproduce it here.  Also send me a screenshot of how you are expecting it to load and provide all the necessary information about the file such as width, height, bpp, etc.

NOTE: If you are attaching a project or file to the forums...
1.) Zip the file(s) up.
2.) Make sure it is less than 5 MB.  If it is larger, please send an email to support@leadtools.com and we'll send you FTP instructions.
3.) Remove ANY AND ALL unlock codes and LEADTOOLS DLLs.
4.) Do not click the preview button, the attachment will not show up when you post it.

If you do not wish to post your file(s) on the forum since they are publically viewable, please send an email to support@leadtools.com and make sure that you include a link to this forum post.