Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Friday, September 11, 2009 1:08:30 AM(UTC)

Hemant  
Hemant

Groups: Registered

I am scanning images to tif multiple page file.
I am scanning them as grayscale 8 bits images.
But the size of the file with single image with tiflzw compression is around 500 kb. But I want to scan around 10 pages in a single file with maximum size 500 kb. so please let me know what is the best compression I can apply which will produce desired file size ??

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Sunday, September 13, 2009 3:40:25 AM(UTC)
Maen Hasan

Groups: Registered, Tech Support

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

LZW is a lossless compression format that maintains 100% of the original image contents. Therefore, it does not produce the same high compression ratio such as some lossy compression formats like JPEG.

Please send me a sample LZW TIFF page you saved and I will check if other compression types can produce a smaller file size.
Also, please specify whether using a lossy compression is suitable for your needs or you must use a lossless format.
Finally, please tell me which LEADTOOLS version and product (Pro, Document imaging, Raster Imaging, etc.) you own.

If you send files, please put them in a ZIP or RAR file to ensure they get delivered correctly.

Thanks,
Maen Badwan
LEADTOOLS Technical Support