Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Friday, August 14, 2009 6:22:16 AM(UTC)

srath  
srath

Groups: Registered

We are currently on version 14.0.  We are looking to migrate to version 16.5 and I am evaluating this right now.  We are using this control to view scans.  I was wondering if there is an ocx in 16.5 for this control or do we have to use another control to accomplish this, like the LEAD control. thank you for the help.

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Sunday, August 16, 2009 6:51:48 AM(UTC)

Basel  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

We have different scanning and image viewing controls in LEADTOOLS 16.5. Choosing the right one depends on the following factors:
1. Which programming language and environment will you use (Dot NET, Visual C++, Visual Basic 6, etc.)?
2. Which LEADTOOLS features do you need (Twain scanning, WIA scanning, Displaying and loading images, Medical imaging, annotations, thumbnail image list, etc.)?
3. What are the controls or LEADTOOLS functions your old project uses? Also, do you want to add any new features?

#3 Posted : Monday, August 24, 2009 3:10:04 PM(UTC)

srath  
srath

1. We are using Visual Basic 6.0

2. We are currently using the document pro but would like to include the pdf capability with the upgrade.

3.  In the old project we only use the leadrasterview control.  We are going to introduce more functionality with the pdf capability when we upgrade. 

#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 25, 2009 3:24:01 AM(UTC)

Basel  

1. You can use the RasterImage Viewer Control from our COM .NET Interop with VB6.

These are COM interfaces that expose our .NET classes for use with COM clients such as VB6.

2. You can use our TWAIN feature to scan images and display them to our RasterImage Viewer or save them to disk using our RasterCodecs fucntions.
3. All the functions you used before, and more, are likely to be available in V16.5. However, we strongly recommend downloading the free evaluation edition from our site and trying it before you buy or upgrade.

If you would like to upgrade to V16.5, please send an email to sales@leadtools.com and include your old toolkit serial number in the message (do NOT post it here).

#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 25, 2009 4:32:43 AM(UTC)

srath  
srath

Thank you.  I did download the evaluation package and I am working with this now.  I did look at the rasterimage viewer control, It seems that this control did not have all the

attributes that the leadrasterview control in 14.0 did.  Maybe I did not include the correct ocx but I think I did.  For example, I did not see some methods , forcerepaint and AutoSetRects.  Maybe they are handled differently and I just did not get to them yet. On my components panel, I do see an icon that has rasterimageviewer control, so I am guessing that this is the correct one.

The Lead control seemed to be my best fit and had the same functionality but the display seems to not be as good as the leadrasterview.  If I turn on the BITONALSCALING_SCALETOGRAY, then everything is fine but I do not think that is part of the document pro package.

#6 Posted : Wednesday, August 26, 2009 12:44:35 AM(UTC)

Basel  

The design of the COM Interop objects in LEADTOOLS 16.5 is completely different from the Raster COM objects of LEADTOOLS 14.5.

The Interop classes are based on our .NET classes. This means they will not have the same properties and methods of the objects you had in your old project.

The Scale To Gray feature is part of LEADTOOLS Document Imaging and higher toolkits. It's not part of LEADTOOLS Imaging or LEADTOOLS Imaging Pro. If you want detailed information about upgrading to v16.5, please send your serial number to sales@leadtools.com (do NOT post it here).