Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 23, 2009 9:25:52 PM(UTC)
JOO HYUN YOON

Groups: Registered

Hi,

I use the example( Capture) leadtoll V16 Multi media.

After fixing and coding, for testing this application I should make installer, and I want to use Windows Installer(.msi) for making installer.

First I placed MM dll files to same folder which is the folder of application. But it didn't work.

Second I placed MM dll files to C:\Windows\System32 folder. But it also didn't.

I don't know what do I do for run application normaly.

Do I need any registry setting or doing another process.?

Best Regards,

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Sunday, August 23, 2009 9:47:57 PM(UTC)
JOO HYUN YOON

P.S When I installed my application setup file, it run normally(when I installed LTMM V16 on this computer.)

However the application could not run on the computer which is uninstalled LTMM V 16.

#3 Posted : Monday, August 24, 2009 2:12:55 AM(UTC)

Basel  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

For more information about the DLLs that you need to distribute, please refer to the following topic in Our Multimedia Help File:
- Multimedia Files You Must Include With Your Application (Redistributables)

Basically, you will need to copy LTMM15.DLL and DSKernel.DLL and register them both using RegSvr32.EXE.
Since these DLLs contain ActiveX and COM objects, there can only be one copy of them on the PC, so you should place them both in the Windows\System32 folder if you're using a 32-bit version of Windows.

#4 Posted : Monday, August 24, 2009 5:47:42 PM(UTC)
JOO HYUN YOON

Thank you for your answer and I have one more question.

After reading help about "Multimedia Files you Must..." I knew I need to unlockmodule.
Of course, I set DLL file what I need on C:\Windows\System32 folder and register that on the computer.

When I watched help about unlockmodule, there are three case, and I choose first case.

What's the "My Application ID"? Is it mean my product code? and also I don't know the UNLOCK_APP_ONCE..(I Think it is the constant..) However I couldn't find UNLOCK_APP_ONCE on the help..(I just found the constant of LOCK_APP...series)

P.S After key dll file register on the computer and placed on C:\Windows\System32 folder. I also watched some error status. Is it concerned with unlockmodule? If it is not, maybe I would fix setup file again..

Please tell me about these problem.

#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 25, 2009 1:37:33 AM(UTC)
JOO HYUN YOON

Add one more question.

When I install these application, do I need to run regsvr32.exe for registering manually?

#6 Posted : Tuesday, August 25, 2009 3:25:02 AM(UTC)

Basel  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

In order to use the No-Nag kernel, you will need to unlock support. This means you will need unlock keys.
To get the unlock keys, please send a new email to sales@leadtools.com and ask about it. Please include your toolkit serial number in the email (do NOT post it here).

About registering LTMM16.DLL and DSKernel.DLL using regsvr32.exe, you don't have to register them manually. This can normally be done within your setup. The exact details depend on your setup environment.