Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 6, 2009 7:19:07 AM(UTC)
annyou88

Groups: Registered

Hi,

I am using LeadTools 16.5 Imaging Toolkit, and I am trying to load some TIF images into a RasterImageViewer through RasterCodecs class. I am using Visual Studio.NET 2008, .NET Framework 3.5 and C#.

I added reference in my project to Leadtools.dll, Leadtools.Codecs.dll and Leadtools.WinForms.dll, because that's what the tutorial says we need to do. Then I followed the sample code to load a TIF image from file. However, I am getting the RasterException "Invalid File Format".

I searched through the forum postings, and I found an earlier posting about something like this is usually caused by the dll missing that is required to load that specific file format. So I looked in my LeadTools install path, and sure enough, there is a Leadtools.Codecs.Tif.dll.

I thought at first I only need to add a reference path in my project settings (Project Properties, Reference Paths) to point to the bin directory where all LeadTools dlls are. But that did not work, and I am still getting the exception.

Then, I tried explicitly adding reference to that Leadtools.Codecs.Tif.dll in my project reference, build, and run. Then that exception went away.

So, my question is: does that mean for each image file format that my app intend to support, I will need to modify my project to add that dll reference in before my code can run? Or is there some other way to do this to get by the exception? Seems to me that would be very inconvenient if I have to modify my project each time a new file format is introduced.

Thanks,

Ann

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Friday, August 7, 2009 5:44:16 AM(UTC)

GregR  
GregR

Groups: Registered, Tech Support, Administrators

Yes, each file format requires a specific set of DLLs.  For a list of the DLLs you need for a file format, please read the help file article "Files to be Included With Your Application".

#3 Posted : Monday, August 17, 2009 5:57:33 AM(UTC)
annyou88

Groups: Registered

Thanks -- I have found out since the "proper" way to include all the LeadTools dll with my project, so I'm good.

Thank you for the reply.

Ann