Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 4, 2009 4:45:51 AM(UTC)
cardinals33

Groups: Registered

Just wondering if anyone knew an easier and faster fix for this. In Leadtools v15 when loading thumbnails with the LoadThumbnails function call, similarly named images are loaded out of order. For example if you have image1.tif, image2.tif,image3.tif...image10.tif,image11.tif they will load as image1.tif, image10.tif, image11.tif,etc.

The only way I have found to get around this is to create a custom sorter to fix it up after the they are all loaded. While this does work, it is a bit of a performance hit. We are having problems when loading large numbers of thumbnails (several hundred) and then needing to sort them because it takes a very long time. Does anyone know of a faster way to handle loading thumbnails in order? Thanks.

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 5, 2009 6:41:28 AM(UTC)

Adnan Ismail  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

This is not a bug in the RasterThumbnailBrowser. The browser will use the Windows sorting mechanism and starts loading the files based on Windows.

If you go to the folder that contains your images, right-click ->Arrange->Name, this will arrange the files file1, file10, file11..file2, file20, file21 and so on.

The reason behind that is that a string value of "file2" is larger than a string value of "file10". String comparison does not convert digits to numerical values.

#3 Posted : Thursday, August 6, 2009 5:46:54 AM(UTC)
cardinals33

Groups: Registered

I am well aware it is not a bug, my question is if there is an easier way around this so I do not need to do sorting after the fact. For example, if it was possible to feed the thumbnail browser a list of files so I could presort the names first and pass it in or something similar it would be helpful.Or perhaps I need to just load the thumbnails manually one at a time.

#4 Posted : Sunday, August 9, 2009 4:46:06 AM(UTC)

Adnan Ismail  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

I'm afraid there is no mechanism for controlling the sort order of files or supplying a list of file names.
What you could do is create the list of filenames you need, then load one thumbnail at a time using Leadtools.WinForms.LoadThumbnails Method