Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2009 7:40:59 AM(UTC)

drax  
drax

Groups: Registered

Not sure if this is the correct forum but here goes;
I need to markup a series of video streams that are captured onto an internet connected PC via webcam or DV video cam etc. The files are large so i dont want to stream them to the server , but just view them locally in the browser. Any pointers how I can do this? The main problem I'm facing is how to stream a video from a remote drive to the browser. Hope this makes sense

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Sunday, August 2, 2009 6:46:52 AM(UTC)

Adam Boulad  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

I'm afraid the requirements are not clear from the description you wrote. When you say "view them locally", do you mean on the same PC where the video capture device is installed?

Please define the different parts of the process you're trying to implement. How are the different computers related or connected, and where exactly does each operation (capture, processing, playback, etc.) take place.

#3 Posted : Monday, August 3, 2009 1:18:19 PM(UTC)

drax  
drax

Hi, yes sorry

I want to capture and display the video on the client machine ie the pc where the capture device is installed, preferably without downloading any desktop client software. I dont want to have to transfer the video data to the server as the video is high def , multiple streams and very large. I want to grab frames and annotate them, then store the annotated frames on the server.

Hope this clears it up. I think i can do this with the Active X control but was considering using Silverlight and Isolated Storage although i still cant get my head around whether Isolated storage resides on the client PC or the web server. Anyhow, what do you think?

Thanks in advance

#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 4, 2009 7:19:31 AM(UTC)

Basel  

Our multimedia objects are ActiveX controls, so you might be able to use them for what you need. Of course, they will only work at the client side if they are installed or registered there. A thin-client application will NOT be able to use them at the client side.

Once our multimedia DLLs are registered, you can use them to preview, capture, convert, playback and extract fames from video.

About annotating them, this depends on how exactly you want that done. Depending on the complexity of editing you require, you might also need one of our imaging toolkits.

I suggest you download the free Eval Multimedia SDK from our web site.

#5 Posted : Thursday, August 6, 2009 1:55:05 AM(UTC)

drax  
drax

Thanks for that, we actually own licenses for V15 Multimedia and document imaging toolkits.

I have successfully managed to get the embedded image editor sample working thats on the forums here but when i tried the same approach with the Multimedia toolkit ie embedding a player on a web page VS 2005 says that the Interop.LTMMLib and axInterop.LtMMLib libraries need to have a strong name. I have checked MSDN etc but they seem to suggest that this is something you guys need to set up. Do you have any advice for me please.

Thanks in advance

#6 Posted : Thursday, August 6, 2009 6:55:11 AM(UTC)

Basel  

Which sample are you referring to exactly? Does it deal with ActiveX or COM controls too?
The libraries you mentioned (Interop.LTMMLib and axInterop.LtMMLib) are automatically generated by Visual Studio when you insert our control on a form in your project. They are a kind of .NET wrappers for the COM object and its methods.