Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 18, 2009 11:09:03 AM(UTC)
randy.subers

Groups: Registered

We are using LeadTools 13.  I have a need to save a single page TIFF with no bits set in NewSubfileType (tag 254).  The default options settings set bit 2 (mutliple page TIFF).  What is the correct way to do this?

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 18, 2009 11:53:57 PM(UTC)

Adnan Ismail  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Can you tell me which LEADTOOLS programming interface (DLL API, ActiveX, etc.) are you using?

#3 Posted : Thursday, March 19, 2009 6:16:17 AM(UTC)
randy.subers

Main C++ API (e.g. L_Savefile)

#4 Posted : Friday, March 20, 2009 10:39:10 AM(UTC)

GregR  
GregR

Groups: Registered, Tech Support, Administrators

The two flags in the SAVEFILEOPTION structure you can set to control that tag is ESO_NOSUBFILETYPE and ESO_SAVEOLDJTIF.  For more details regarding those, please check the main API help file's documentation on the SAVEFILEOPTION structure.

#5 Posted : Tuesday, March 24, 2009 9:31:10 AM(UTC)
randy.subers

That fixed my original problem. Now I find that I also need to supress PlanarConfiguration tag 284 and T4Options tag (292). This is on a bi-tonal TIFF (bits per pixel = 1). This is due to customer requirements for the TIFF they get.

#6 Posted : Wednesday, March 25, 2009 3:23:49 AM(UTC)

GregR  
GregR

You should be able to do this using the L_DeleteTag function.

#7 Posted : Wednesday, March 25, 2009 6:48:29 AM(UTC)
randy.subers

This is not in version 13 (we believe added in 14.5). We tried L_SetTag(uTag, 0, 0, NULL) and that did not work. Upgrading is not a viable short term propositition due to a short due date and long procurement cycles.

#8 Posted : Wednesday, March 25, 2009 9:33:30 AM(UTC)

GregR  
GregR

You are correct, L_DeleteTag was added in version 14.5 and did not exist in version 13.  Unfortunately we did not have any similar functions that would allow you to remove a specific tag in previous versions.

Other than upgrading, your only other option would be to manually delete the tags by modifying the binary data.  I would NOT recommend this since because it would be very easy to corrupt the file.  If you go this route, you will need to consult the TIFF specifications to make sure you are updating necessary tags and values as you remove and add other tags.