Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 18, 2009 6:38:11 AM(UTC)

rossa00  
rossa00

Groups: Registered

I am using the following formats saving Image type document in PDF format: FILE_RAS_PDF_JPEG,FILE_RAS_PDF_JPEG_411,FILE_RAS_PDF_JPEG_422,FILE_RAS_PDF.

It looks like for these formats the QFactor range is 1 -100. When I set QFactor to 1 and use FILE_RAS_PDF_JPEG_411 or RAS_PDF_JPEG_422, generated PDF file cannot be opened (error states that the file is damaged and cannot be repared).

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 18, 2009 12:24:20 PM(UTC)

GregR  
GregR

Groups: Registered, Tech Support, Administrators

What is the product ID of ePrint that you are using?  You can get this by opening the Workstation, then selecting Help -> About

Are you a developer using the ePrint API or just an end-user?

Does this problem occur when saving a PDF from the regular "LEADTOOLS ePrint 5" printer, the "LEADTOOLS ePrint 5 Workstation" printer or both?

Does this happen with all source files or only some?

#3 Posted : Thursday, March 19, 2009 5:04:38 AM(UTC)

rossa00  
rossa00

Groups: Registered

I am using ePrint 5. Product Id 5.0.1.121 - 14.5.0.073. I am developer using ePrint APIs.

It looks like it is only a problem when I set properties dynamically in the code (I am using C#) and only when QFactor =1. Setting QFactor to 2 works fine. Using Save as dialog to set all the same settings with QFactor =1 also work fine.

This is the code I am using:

epnPrint.StartDocumentConversion(printername, 0);

epnMultiSaveOptions = new LPEPCLib.EpnMultiSaveOptionsClass();
epnMultiSaveOptions.SaveElementsCount = 1;
epnMultiSaveOptions.UseSave = true;
epnMultiSaveOptions.get_PrinterSaveOptions(0).SaveOptions.FileName = filename; epnMultiSaveOptions.get_PrinterSaveOptions(0).SaveOptions.DocumentOptions.MultiPageFile = true;
epnMultiSaveOptions.get_PrinterSaveOptions(0).SaveOptions.DocumentType = LPEPCLib.DocumentTypeConstants.FT_SAVE_TYPE_RASTER;
epnMultiSaveOptions.get_PrinterSaveOptions(0).SaveOptions.RasterOptions.MultiPageFile = true;
epnMultiSaveOptions.get_PrinterSaveOptions(0).SaveOptions.RasterOptions.BitsPerPixel = 24;
epnMultiSaveOptions.get_PrinterSaveOptions(0).SaveOptions.Format = LPEPCLib.ePrintFileConstants.FILE_RAS_PDF_JPEG_411;
epnMultiSaveOptions.get_PrinterSaveOptions(0).SaveOptions.RasterOptions.QFactor = 1;

epnPrint.SetPrinterSaveOptions(printername, epnMultiSaveOptions);

epnPrint.EndDocumentConversion(printername, 0);

Could is be a problem that I am creating new instance of the LPEPCLib.EpnMultiSaveOptionsClass? I tryed to use epnPrint.GetPrinterSaveOptions(), but it does not return the saved settings. SaveElementsCount is always 0.

#4 Posted : Friday, March 20, 2009 7:20:20 AM(UTC)

GregR  
GregR

Groups: Registered, Tech Support, Administrators

According to the documentation in the article "Compression Quality Factors", the range of values for a lossy JPEG compression is 2-255.  0 means that you are using Lossless JPEG compression, which PDF does not support.  1 is not specifically documented, but I believe it is handled the same way as 0.  Therefore, if you want to save the maximum quality JPEG compression, use 2.

The end-user dialog uses the values 1-100 for simplicity's sake since using a percent-like value is more easily understood by end-users.