Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 15, 2009 12:19:38 PM(UTC)

mrfit  
mrfit

Groups: Registered

Hi, how to load 100+ dicom files of a serie fast in leadtools. I tried the demo program of leadtools v16 (Medical Viewer) for a serie with 523 images and it took too long to load the serie over 2 minutes. Can you please guide me. I believe I am doing something wrong it should not take this long...

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Monday, March 16, 2009 6:38:10 AM(UTC)
Maen Hasan

Groups: Registered, Tech Support

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

If you are loading all the images into the viewer at the same time, they will need a lot of time to load, allocate memory and store all the images.

Do you need them all to be in memory at the same time? If not, you can choose which images to load instead of loading them all.

Thanks,
Maen Badwan
LEADTOOLS Technical Support

#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 17, 2009 12:52:37 AM(UTC)

mrfit  
mrfit

Yes I need all the images in the memory so that i can scroll through them. What is the fastest way to load a dicom file in leadtools just to get the image

#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 17, 2009 7:37:55 AM(UTC)
Maen Hasan

This depends on how the images are stored.
Are they multiple pages (frames) within one file, or are they stored in different files.
How are you currently loading them? Are you using the DicomDS.Load method or some other method?

Keep in mind that if you reach the limit of physical memory on any Windows PC, the system will start swapping memory to disk to use Virtual Memory, and this could slow down the program very much. This means depending on the memory and the total size of the image, you might want to avoid loading them all into memory together.

Thanks,
Maen Badwan

#5 Posted : Tuesday, March 17, 2009 10:21:13 AM(UTC)

mrfit  
mrfit

they are stored in different files one frame each, with 360 files. I am using DicomDataSet.Load(filename,LoadandClose) and DicomDataSet.GetImage where i add pages using medicalviewer.cell[0].InsertPage. Is it ok doing it this way or there is a better and faster way. At the end the idea is to allow the user to scroll through the patient's dicom images in a serie.

Regarding the memory what do you advise me to do?.

#6 Posted : Thursday, March 19, 2009 1:17:30 AM(UTC)
Maen Hasan

I think the problem is related to a memory issue.
If you don't need all the images to be in memory at the same time, you can choose which images to load instead of loading them all. You might want to avoid loading them all into memory together.

Also, Instead of loading the image DicomDataSet.Load and then Get the image, you may try to load the image directly to a RasterImage object by using the RasterCodecs.Load method, and then insert it using the medicalviewer.cell[0].InsertPage method.

Thanks,
Maen Badwan