Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 5, 2009 11:39:25 AM(UTC)
Meffy Ellis

Groups: Registered

The subject line pretty much says it. I'm pretty sure Vector 14 is a separate product, but the installer for Raster Pro 14 is set to install it by default. Much as I'd like it to be part of Raster Pro 14, I doubt it is. Can I get the official word from LT, just so I can be sure?

Thanks,

MYE

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Monday, March 9, 2009 9:53:39 AM(UTC)

Walter  
Walter

Groups: Tech Support

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

Hello MYE,

You are correct. The Vector toolkit is a separate product. In order to use the vector support, you would need to upgrade your toolkit & obtain the unlock key for this special feature.

If you'd like to evaluate the Vector functionality, you can do so with the Leadtools evalutation kernel that comes with your toolkit. This will allow you to find out risk-free if it fits your needs.
Walter Bates
Senior Support Engineer
LEAD Technologies, Inc.
LEAD Logo

#3 Posted : Friday, March 13, 2009 8:34:30 AM(UTC)
Meffy Ellis

Groups: Registered

No, I'd rather not have evaluation versions on the system. Thanks for the reply,

Meffy

#4 Posted : Monday, March 16, 2009 5:06:34 AM(UTC)

Walter  
Walter

Groups: Tech Support

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

Hello Meffy,

Please let me clarify what I mean by the "evaluation" kernel.

We have two separte kernel dlls that serve the same purpose. Both are called "Ltkrn14n.dll" in the release install of Leadtools. One dll is licensed for you to use for deployment; the other dll is only meant for testing purposes such as the one you have described (not permitted for unlicensed deployment).

This testing/evaluation dll has everything unlocked by default, and will show a pop-up dialog indicating that the dll in use is unlicensed. Unlike the evaluation version, this testing kernel will not expire. It can generally be found in the Leadtools installation BIN directory, unless the dll was intentionally overwritten.

I'm not suggesting downloading another evaluation version. I'm suggesting that you can use what you currently have installed to see if our Vector toolkit has what you need.

If you have overwritten this testing dll, it can be obtained through the latest v14 installer or v14 patch.
Walter Bates
Senior Support Engineer
LEAD Technologies, Inc.
LEAD Logo