Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 3, 2009 11:44:43 PM(UTC)
earth/europe/germany/jerry

Groups: Registered

Hi guys,

I've got some problems reading a barcode from pdf/tif file. I'm using the example of the online help (hyper link function didn't worked http://www.leadtools.com....BarcodeEngine~Read.html).

When I now insert a pdf file, during the runtime I'll get a "RasterException" with message "PDF cababillity is required". If I make a screenshot of that particular pdf and save it as tif with Paint, then a "Barcode Exception" will be thrown with the message "No barcode recognition". What I am doing wrong?

Fyi: I am new to Leadtools. My first opinion of your product is a technically succeeded tool and maybe good documentation, but not well linked/reachable. I tried to open the help files from the DotNet folder, but I don't know with which programm I should use them.

I hope this is a good sounding feedback for you and hope as well, I will get one, too.

I'm using Windows XP, Visual Studio 2005 with .Net 2.0, C# 2.0 and Leadtools v15.

Greetings from germany!

Cheers,
Jerry

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 4, 2009 5:46:39 AM(UTC)

Adnan Ismail  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

About the "PDF capability is required" exception, do you own PDF plug-in Read features? If yes, you will need to use the RasterSupport.Unlock method to be able to use the PDF Read features. Use the PDF Plug-in keyword with the RasterSupport.Unlock method function to implement PDF Plug in support in your application.
For more information about LEADTOOLS PDF plug-in, please see this page:
http://www.leadtools.com/SDK/Raster/Raster-Addon-PDF.htm

If you don't have the unlock key, you need to contact our licensing department and sign a distribution agreement that includes royalty payment details.

About the barcode exception you are getting, can you try to recognize the file using our Main Barcode demos shipped with our toolkits? Does it get recognized? If not, please send me the file in a ZIP or RAR file and I will check it for you.

You can reach the .NET help files from your start menu. Please follow this path on your start menu to see the .NET help files from there:
 Start Menu-> programs-> [LEADTOOLS 15]\Raster Imaging Pro->Dotnet Class Library->Raster .NET Class Library Help

#3 Posted : Thursday, February 5, 2009 8:21:09 AM(UTC)
earth/europe/germany/jerry

Groups: Registered

Hi Adnan,

thx for your response!

I fixed my issue by my self.. just cracking my head, how your software works.. and it works ;-)

But I still don't have the start menu entry with that help. Onlyhelp helped as well!

Do you have a percentage value for me, how many false positives, wrong recognized, errors and such things on barcode recognition this software delivers?

Jeremias

#4 Posted : Sunday, February 8, 2009 7:23:44 AM(UTC)

Adnan Ismail  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

The link for our .NET help does not open a file directly. The help is integrated with the Microsoft .NET help system (Help 2), so it must use dexplore.exe to open it.

Are you sure you don't have a link named "Raster .NET Class Library Help" in the LEADTOOLS start menu? There should different copies of this link throughout the LEADTOOLS 15 start menu. On my computer, there are 15 copies such as
[LEADTOOLS Medical Imaging Suite 15] => Barcode => Dotnet Class Library  => Raster .NET Class Library Help