Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 27, 2009 11:38:23 AM(UTC)

Maged  
Maged

Groups: Registered

Hi,

We currently deploying the LTOCX12N.OCX Activex using the Internet component Download (LTOCX12n.CAB) and the LTOCX12.lpk.  this method works fine for all clients that allow the Activex installation over the web.  Now we have more clients that are using a more secure setup and don't allow the end user to install the ActiveX, but they can use MSI packages for deployment.

My question is how can I  Install the Same ActiveX using MSI?

LTOCX12n.CAB File Listing:

LFCMP12n.DLL
   LFFAX12n.DLL
   LFTIF12n.DLL
   LTDIS12n.DLL
   LTEFX12n.DLL
   LTFIL12n.DLL
   LTIMG12n.DLL
   LTKRN12n.DLL
   LTOCX12n.INF
   LTOCX12n.OCX
   LTTWN12n.DLL

our .ASP code:

!-- <object classid="clsid:5220cb21-c88d-11cf-b347-00aa00a28331"
align="baseline" border="0" width="1" height="1"><param
name="LPKPath" value="CONTROLS/LTOCX12.LPK">

</object>

<object id="Lead1" name="Lead1"
classid="clsid:00120000-B1BA-11CE-ABC6-F5B2E79D9E3F"
codebase="controls/ltocx12n.cab" align="baseline" border="0"
width="100%" height="500">
<param name="_Version" value="524288">
<param name="_ExtentX" value="9278">
<param name="_ExtentY" value="6950">
<param name="_StockProps" value="229">
<param name="Appearance" value="1">
<param name="ScaleHeight" value="205">
<param name="ScaleWidth" value="327">
<param name="OLEDropAllowed" value="1">
<param name="PaintSizeMode" value="3">
<param name="BitmapDataPath" value="images/testimag.tiff">

</object> --!

What is exactly needed to be create and Install the ActiveX using MSI?

Thank you,

Maged

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 28, 2009 7:29:06 AM(UTC)

Adnan Ismail  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Maged,
From the point of view of our controls and DLLs, it does not matter how you deploy them. The requirements are the same. You need to make sure that the OCX and all needed DLLs (such as LTKRN12N.DLL and LTFIL12N.DLL) are deployed to the target machine, and that the OCX gets registered there.

The CAB mechanism described in our help files in only one way to do that. If you want to use a different way, you will need to refer to the documentation of the installer tool you will be using.

#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 28, 2009 9:55:51 AM(UTC)

Maged  
Maged

Adnan,

Thank you for your replay. In this case then I should be able to get the Activex working by manually registering the OCX, right?

So I copied all the Dlls and the OCX to the System32 directory on the Target machine, I registered the OCX using regsvr32 "C:\WINDOWS\system32\LTOCX12n.OCX". It said the DllRegisterserver in ocx succeeded. then tried the page it did not work. I see the Message about the ActiveX Not being Installed properly.

So There must be something else other then getting the ocx Registered on the target machine.

I also looked at the registry of the machine and the {00120000-B1BA-11CE-ABC6-F5B2E79D9E3F} Clsid is present.

so what am I missing?

Thank you,

Maged

#4 Posted : Thursday, January 29, 2009 5:31:34 AM(UTC)

Adnan Ismail  

Maged,

Are there any other controls embedded on your web page? If yes, can you list these controls?

Are there any additional details about the error you are getting?

Also, when you say the page didn't work, can you know the name of the function or property that didn't work and if there's any LEADTOOLS error code returned from it?

#5 Posted : Thursday, January 29, 2009 6:44:28 AM(UTC)

Maged  
Maged

I just have a simple test page with just the Activx and a dropdown list.  The Page code is attached.

when I browse to the page on the target machine is see the default IE Security message.

File Attachment(s):
webpage.txt (4kb) downloaded 41 time(s).

#6 Posted : Thursday, January 29, 2009 6:46:10 AM(UTC)

Maged  
Maged

here is the error i see

#7 Posted : Thursday, January 29, 2009 6:56:04 AM(UTC)

Maged  
Maged

Change the attachemt ext to .bmp

File Attachment(s):
error.bmp.txt (562kb) downloaded 36 time(s).

#8 Posted : Sunday, February 1, 2009 7:42:09 AM(UTC)

Adnan Ismail  

If your security settings do not allow installing ActiveX controls, our ActiveX control will not work and also any other ActiveX will not work. You can change the security settings in the web browser from the Tools -> Internet Options menu then to the security tab.

#9 Posted : Monday, February 2, 2009 6:34:15 AM(UTC)

Maged  
Maged

Under stand that, but the point of Manually Registiering the ActiveX, is so IE does not See it as new required install. So Other then Registering the ActiveX what's needed to the get the web control to work?

Adnan Ismail wrote:If your security settings do not allow installing ActiveX controls, our ActiveX control will not work and also any other ActiveX will not work. You can change the security settings in the web browser from the Tools -> Internet Options menu then to the security tab.

#10 Posted : Tuesday, February 3, 2009 4:22:29 AM(UTC)

Adnan Ismail  

There are different security settings. Some of them prevent downloading ActiveX controls and registering them. Others prevent using the ActiveX even if it's registered.

Also, version 12 of our Main OCX was not digitally signed, and this could affect allowing it to run under some security settings. Newer versions (latest 14.5 and later) are signed. If you would like to consider upgrading, I recommend you download the free evaluation edition of LEADTOOLS v16 Main OCX from our site.

#11 Posted : Tuesday, February 3, 2009 11:05:36 AM(UTC)

Maged  
Maged

Thank you for you help