Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Monday, December 29, 2008 11:44:43 PM(UTC)

roadman  
roadman

Groups: Registered

I would like to ask 2 questions about drawing the automated annoation.

1. Is there any "Eraser" tool in the automated annotation toolbar to erase the drawing ? if no, how can i have this function?

2. Currently, we have to drag a "starting point" and then follow by a "ending point" in order to draw the text on the image by using the automated annotation toolbar. Is it possible to draw the text by only one single click?

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 30, 2008 4:24:50 AM(UTC)

Qasem Lubani  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

1. The concept of 'erasing' does not apply to annotations. The annotation objects are not paint drawings. They are individual objects that can either be removed completely or kept intact. You cannot 'erase' part of an object.

2. Yes, you can change the behavior of default annotation object creation designer. Which LEADTOOLS version (13, 14, 15, 16, etc.) and programming interface (DLL API, .NET classes, COM objects, VCL, C++ Classes, Main OCX, etc.) are you using?

#3 Posted : Friday, January 2, 2009 1:01:51 AM(UTC)

roadman  
roadman

I am using ver15, please advice on the point 2. Thanks

For point 1, is there any "erase" tool to erase part of the image itself ? (not annotation)

#4 Posted : Sunday, January 4, 2009 5:28:41 AM(UTC)
Maen Hasan

Groups: Registered, Tech Support

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

(1) If you mean by erasing, filling part of the image with some background color (such as white), you can do that by defining a region and calling the fill function.

(2) You did not specify which programming interface (DLL API, .NET classes, COM Interop, C++ Classes, etc.) you are using.

Thanks,
Maen Badwan
LEADTOOLS Technical Support

#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 6, 2009 1:49:57 AM(UTC)

roadman  
roadman

I am using the COM Interop for capturing video and using .Net classess for image manipulation

#6 Posted : Tuesday, January 6, 2009 11:58:02 PM(UTC)
Maen Hasan

If you want to create an Annotation Text object by a single click, you might be able to do this by handling the Click event. You need to check if the selected object is Text object, create the text object programmatically using the (X, y) coordinates of the mouse click. If you are using LEADTOOLS .Net programming interface, you can create an Annotation text object by using the following code:
+-------------+
Dim text As AnnTextObject = New AnnTextObject()
text.Pen = New AnnPen(Color.Red, New AnnLength(3))
text.Text = textString
text.Brush = Nothing
text.Font = New AnnFont("Arial", New AnnLength(10, AnnUnit.Point), FontStyle.Regular)
text.EdgeMargin = AnnLength.Empty
text.Alignment = StringAlignment.Center
text.LineAlignment = StringAlignment.Center
text.TextRotate = AnnTextRotate.Rotate0
text.Bounds = New AnnRectangle(e.X, e.Y, 100, 100, AnnUnit.Pixel)
container.Objects.Add(text)
+-------------+

Thanks,
Maen Badwan

#7 Posted : Wednesday, January 7, 2009 6:33:31 AM(UTC)

roadman  
roadman

do you mean we cannot have the single simply from the AutomatedAnnotation toolbar?

#8 Posted : Thursday, January 8, 2009 5:14:26 AM(UTC)
Maen Hasan

You can put this code anywhere you want, and it will create the AnnTextObject for you.

Thanks,
Maen Badwan

#9 Posted : Monday, January 19, 2009 2:29:04 AM(UTC)

roadman  
roadman

Sorry, i can't understand it actually.
Currently, use click the Text Annoation Object from the annotation toolbar (which is created by CreateDefaultToolBars). How can i create a single click Text Annotation if it used the default toolbar ?

my second question is..the default property of the Text Object is the "Name" property of the Text when user clicks the "Text Propeties" in the context menu. Can I change it to the "Text" property ?

#10 Posted : Tuesday, January 20, 2009 5:00:43 AM(UTC)
Maen Hasan

I think what you're trying to do is this:
- The user will click on a button on the toolbar
- This will immediately insert a text annotation object on the image
Is this correct? If yes, you can take the code I gave you earlier in this thread and put it in the event handler of the toolbar button.
If you try this and it doesn't work, please put your code in a small test project (not your full application) and send it to us in a ZIP or RAR file and we will check it for you.

If this is not what you need, please explain it in more details.

About the second question, it is not directly related to this thread, so please create a new forum thread or send it in a new ticket to support@leadtools.com

Thanks,
Maen Badwan

#11 Posted : Wednesday, January 21, 2009 6:09:06 AM(UTC)

roadman  
roadman

Partially correct for
- The user will click on a button on the toolbar
- This will immediately insert a text annotation object on the image

I also want to add/change the text of AnnTextObject by single click and then directly edit/add the text directly on the TextObject (no need to do it via the Object Dialog )

#12 Posted : Thursday, January 22, 2009 6:14:18 AM(UTC)

Adam Boulad  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Double clicking a text object will automatically allow you to edit the text of the AnnTextObject without showing the object's dialog. Is this what you want?

#13 Posted : Thursday, January 22, 2009 4:16:05 PM(UTC)

roadman  
roadman

exactly

#14 Posted : Saturday, January 24, 2009 11:04:01 PM(UTC)
Maen Hasan

You can edit the AnnTextObject without showing the object's dialog by Double clicking the object. Did you try this?
If you mean that you want to do this by a single click, there is no direct way to do this because this is by design.

Thanks,
Maen Badwan

#15 Posted : Wednesday, January 28, 2009 5:35:42 PM(UTC)

roadman  
roadman

I found that my version of LT does not support "Edditing the AnnTextObject by Double clicking the object". After upgrading to the latest patch, it is okay now.

I tried to input multiline in the Text Object by "Ctrl + Enter" or "Alt+Etner" but it failed. It only support multi-line in the dailog..

#16 Posted : Thursday, January 29, 2009 5:16:28 AM(UTC)
Maen Hasan

About the multi-line question, this question is not directly related to the original issue. Can you please open a new forum post for this new issue?

Thanks,
Maen Badwan