Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 14, 2008 3:37:51 PM(UTC)
L3 Communications

Groups: Registered

I hope someone can point me in the right direction. I am trying to get started with implementing a mangnifier in VB6. I don't see any examples in the installation.

I've been working with these tools for years and quite honestly I still have a hard time with the documentation... or lack of it.

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Monday, December 15, 2008 5:09:49 AM(UTC)

Adnan Ismail  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

We have magnifying glass features in many of our products, and there are code samples and demo projects that show how to use them.
Which version of LEADTOOLS are you using which LEADTOOLS programming interface (DLL API, COM objects, ActiveX, etc.) are you using? Also, can you give more details about the functionality you are looking for?

#3 Posted : Saturday, December 27, 2008 10:43:11 AM(UTC)
L3 Communications

Thank you for the reply.
We use the LT Medical V14.7 with VB6, thus we are using the ActiveX controls and make several DLL calls to gain other functionality. I have not seen any VB6 examples that show use of the magnifier, but I do see lots of VB examples for other features.

Ideally, we would like to instantiate a mode where the magnifier appears over an image as the mouse is rolled around the image. I believe that is how your magnifier works, but I am not sure.

Thanks again

#4 Posted : Sunday, December 28, 2008 5:51:34 AM(UTC)

Adnan Ismail  

I have implemented a small VB6 project that shows how to implement Magnify Glass in LEADTOOLS v14.5 Main ActiveX. To get the example, please see this forum post:
http://support.leadtools.com/SupportPortal/CS/forums/25999/ShowPost.aspx#25999

#5 Posted : Monday, January 12, 2009 3:43:15 PM(UTC)
L3 Communications

Thank you for this VB6 example. I am a little confused by it, and not able to get it to work.

The vb project file references "ltocx14N.ocx". I don't have any such file on my computer. The ocx that we use in our project is "LTRVW14N.OCX" !

I thought I might be able to substiture the ocx I am using in our project to try in the example, but it does not work. It appears that some of the properties or methods that are used in the example are not supported by the ocx we use.

Is there an example of the magnifier by using the ltrvw14n.ocx?

#6 Posted : Wednesday, January 14, 2009 2:52:37 AM(UTC)

Adnan Ismail  

It seems that you are using LEADTOOLS COM Objects programming interface and not our Main ActiveX control. Therefore, I have created a new project that uses our Raster COM object RasterImageView control. Please see this forum post to get the example:

http://support.leadtools.com/SupportPortal/CS/forums/26272/ShowPost.aspx#26272

#7 Posted : Saturday, January 17, 2009 5:46:46 AM(UTC)
L3 Communications

Yes, that is the correct version we are using. I download and tried the example. TERRIFIC !!!
Work great in my project.

I'm seeing a couple of strange artifacts like what appears to be a rubberband line being drawn in the background, but I can probably figure that out. It is likely a property setting from the normal mode I have.

Much thanks for this EXCELLENT and simple example. We have been trying to get this to work for a long time without the program crashing, but this example code did the trick.