Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Monday, January 12, 2009 7:03:45 AM(UTC)
kgearhardt

Groups: Registered

OK, I think you've started me in the right direction.  Yes, the page on which I'm adding your WebThumbNailViewer control is part of a nested master page structure.  I'm helping a co-worker with the project and to be candid master pages are new to me.  At any rate we have our primary master page "GFADB.master" that looks like this (with most code removed):

<%@ Master Language="VB" CodeFile="GFADB.master.vb" Inherits="MasterPage" %>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<
html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<
head runat="server">
<title>GFADB WEB SITE</title>

**********code snipped************

<td class="style7" style="vertical-align: top; " colspan="2">
<asp:ContentPlaceHolder ID="GFADB_master" runat="server">
<p></p>
</asp:ContentPlaceHolder>
</td>

Then we have a nested master page "CaseDetails.master" that looks like this:

<%@ Master Language="VB" MasterPageFile="~/GFADB.master" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="CaseDetails.master.vb" Inherits="CaseDetails_CaseDetails" %>
<asp:Content ID="Content1" ContentPlaceHolderID="GFADB_master" runat="server">
<table style="width: 100%">
*************CODE SNIPPED******************
<asp:ContentPlaceHolder ID="Details_master" runat="server">
<p>&nbsp;</p>
</asp:ContentPlaceHolder>

And finally there's the page in which I've added your WebThumbnailViewer control ("Procedures_View.aspx") that starts like this:

<%@ Page Language="VB" MasterPageFile="~/CaseDetails/CaseDetails.master" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="Procedures_View.aspx.vb" Inherits="CaseDetails_Procedures_View" title="Edit Image / Procedures" %>
<%
@ Register Assembly="Leadtools.Web" Namespace="Leadtools.Web.Controls" TagPrefix="ltwf" %>
*************CODE SNIPPED***********************
<ltwf:WebThumbnailViewer ID="WebThumbNailViewer1" runat="server" BorderStyle="None"
BorderWidth="0px" Height="150px" Width="435px"
HorizontalAlignMode="Center" LayoutDirection="Vertical"
VerticalAlignMode="Center"
style="z-index: 1; left: 521px; top: 11px; position: absolute"
SelectedThumbStyle-HoverBackColor="#FF3300" Rows="1"
ResourcesPath="ImageResources/" CacheFolder="ImageCacheFolder/" />

So based on your post and some Googling I think I know why this doesn't work, but I've yet to figure out how to code it correctly.  If you could steer me in the right direction that'd be great.  In the mean time I'll keep Googling/reading for the solution.

Thanks, Kevin

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Monday, January 12, 2009 11:35:51 AM(UTC)
kgearhardt

Groups: Registered

OK, so I put together a couple of simple web sites today which I have attached in a file named 'Thumbs.zip'.

Website10 has a content page containing a thumb and image viewer that's in a master page nested in another master page.  This is very similar to our development project's struction.  This site is partially functional in that the images show up in the thumbnail viewer but do not appear in the image viewer as they're selected.

Website11 is a single page website that has the same thumb and image viewer setup as above but with no master pages.  It works fine including the client-side javascript that detects an image has been selected in the thumbnail viewer.

NOTE: In an effort to minimize the size of my attachement the /bin and /images directories were ommitted from Website11 and can just be copied from Website10.

So I think the problem in our main development project is related to master pages, though I've not exactly duplicated it in my attached Website10.  In either case I'm unclear as to how to fix the issue?

Thanks and regards, Kevin

P.S. I can't get this to post with my attachment, so I'll send the attachment separately to 'support@leadtools.com'

#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 13, 2009 7:58:35 AM(UTC)

Adam Boulad  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

I have received your email and I tested your project. I will continue to work with you through email (ticket # 2009011210000842).

#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 14, 2009 5:28:36 AM(UTC)

Adam Boulad  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

An update regarding this issue, the ContentPlaceHolder changes the name of the controls in runtime, so yes, you should always use WebThumbnailViewer1.ViewerID = WebImageViewer1.ClientID in your master page.
Also, you should not set the ViewerID property statically in Master Pages, because the webcontrols IDs are being updated to add the ContentPlaceholder id to it.