Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Saturday, December 20, 2008 8:55:07 PM(UTC)

tfaris  
tfaris

Groups: Registered

Hi,

For my application I need to provide a default calibration for ruler objects. I'm curious as to what properties of the ruler I need to change to affect its calibration? I know that DpiX and DpiY must be changed, but I'm not sure how to actually change the length.

What I mean is, when using the Leadtools default calibration dialog, you can set a rulers length to a new value without even touching the Dpi ratio. How does this work - what properties does this affect?

Thanks!

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Sunday, December 21, 2008 6:33:47 AM(UTC)

Adnan Ismail  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Can you give me more details about your requirements? What exactly are you trying to do? When you tried the dialog, did it do what you needed? If yes, are you trying to do the exact same thing without a dialog (by code)? If not, what is the difference between the dialog and what you need?

Also, which version of LEADTOOLS (15, 16, etc) and which LEADTOOLS programming interface (DLL API, C++ Class Library, .Net classes, etc) are you using?

#3 Posted : Sunday, December 21, 2008 3:14:23 PM(UTC)

tfaris  
tfaris

Groups: Registered

Sure, we're using the v16 .Net classes.

The dialog does the job, but only for the current instance. Basically we want to be able to persist the calibration from one instance of the application to another, and to be able to save different calibrations. For instance, a user may be using different objectives on a microscope and therefore different magnification levels, and so they might want to quickly switch between calibrations that they know are good (that they saved) for a given objective.

We have our own set of dialogs that mimics leadtools', but it saves the persistant defaults. What I'm trying to figure out is what the calibration dialog affects - how it actually... calibrates the rulers.

#4 Posted : Monday, December 22, 2008 6:21:46 AM(UTC)

Adnan Ismail  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Setting values for the Automation.Container.UnitConverter.DpiX and the Automation.Container.UnitConverter.DpiY properties will change the scale for all rulers.