Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 11, 2008 11:22:01 PM(UTC)

fthakur  
fthakur

Groups: Registered

The recorded file via the demo client does not playback, LTMM shows an error "The operation could not be performed because the filter is in the wrong state." Is there any way to transcode the output from ltsf to DV Device using the ltmmconvertor? The graph does not render with the ltsf as source & DVSD as the target.

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Sunday, December 14, 2008 5:47:33 AM(UTC)

Adnan Ismail  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Does this mean if you specify a different output format, such as OGG or AVI, it works?
Also, if you specify DVSD output with a local input (such as OGG or AVI), does it also work?

#3 Posted : Sunday, December 14, 2008 6:47:14 PM(UTC)

fthakur  
fthakur

Output to dvsd only works if captured using DV encoder codec with no recompression. Even DVSD_AVI files dont work. EditGraph shows only the input & the target device, unconnected.

#4 Posted : Monday, December 15, 2008 5:12:32 AM(UTC)

Adnan Ismail  

In our help files it is mentioned that "user should not select any compressors when using this format". If you still can't get it to work the way you want it, I need the exact steps to reproduce it on my side.

#5 Posted : Monday, December 15, 2008 6:45:22 AM(UTC)

fthakur  
fthakur

No compressors were selected. ltmmconvertcrtl source was given as ltsf://ip, target format as dvsd, target device 0(a firewire device was connected as VCR).
Capturing to ltsf file & playing back with AMR codec also seems to have some issues. I captured using the ltmmplayctrl with H264 & AMR (the default setting) and then rendered it in graphedit to output to a DV device. The graph would not play, and after some checking I found that if I added a buffer after the AMR decoder the graph would play just fine. The encoders used were DV encoder & PCM.

#6 Posted : Tuesday, December 16, 2008 2:31:57 AM(UTC)

Adnan Ismail  

Let us focus on the original problem and if you run into other issues, please open new forum threads for them or send them to support@leadtools.com

If you try to save to disk first instead of writing the streamed data to the device, does this solve the problem?

#7 Posted : Tuesday, December 16, 2008 2:51:11 AM(UTC)

fthakur  
fthakur

Save to Disk works, but it does not solve my problem. I need to route the output to a VCR device, e.g. DV Camera via firewire or decklink cards in realtime. I can capture the video via the VGA port but the quality is not the same.

#8 Posted : Tuesday, December 16, 2008 7:16:20 AM(UTC)

jigar  

If I understand your workflow correctly you are doing the following:

source = ltsf://ip
targetformat = dvsd
targetdevices.selection = 0

Now, what format is coming in through the ltsf stream.  Is the stream dvsd format too?  What are your settings for the control that is generating the ltsf stream?

#9 Posted : Tuesday, December 16, 2008 9:55:43 AM(UTC)

fthakur  
fthakur

The incoming stream is via the conferencing server, i.e. ltmmcapture, source camera, target ltsf://ip, video codec h264 128k or 256k or MPEG4, audio codec AMR, this is from the standard format in the examples for dotnet c# video conference.

#10 Posted : Thursday, December 18, 2008 12:02:25 PM(UTC)

jigar  

I don't think it's possible to do that, but I will test it out here and get back to you with my results.

#11 Posted : Thursday, December 18, 2008 6:10:13 PM(UTC)

fthakur  
fthakur

I have successfully done this for windows media streams. If access is available to the ltsf source filter it is possible to send the output to a DV device.
Is there any way I can tap in to the graph? Creating a new Target Format does not help since all elements are created internally.

#12 Posted : Friday, December 19, 2008 12:30:17 PM(UTC)

jigar  

You can get a handle to the graph by calling GetSubObject(), but then you'll have to work with the graph and connect/disconnect some pins.  I'm trying to get a hold of a DV camera to try it out with.

#13 Posted : Wednesday, January 14, 2009 1:23:25 PM(UTC)

jigar  

Hello,

I finally got a hold of a DV camera and I was able to test it out.  Before you call StartConvert() you have to call convert.TargetVCRControl.Record().  And there is also a wait time that you need to have so the DV camera gets initialized.  So something like this:

convert.TargetDevies.Selection = 0;
Thread.Sleep(3000);  // give it some time to initialized the DV cam.
convert.TargetVCRControl.Record();
convert.StartConvert();

You have to sleep the thread because when you select the video device it needs to get initialized, and since there aren't any calls backs to when the DV cam is initalized we don't know when it is done.  So you have to wait a few seconds otherwise you will get a "interface not supported" error when you call Record().  Let me know if you have any questions.