Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 3, 2008 8:38:02 AM(UTC)

tommieb  
tommieb

Groups: Registered

The barcodes that I need to read are only going to be about 1.75" X .5" and I can't get even the demo programs to read barcodes this small, even if they were created in the demo program.

What exactly do I need to do to make this happen?

I am running up against a deadline and did not anticipate having these types of problems.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Thursday, December 4, 2008 5:57:09 AM(UTC)

Yasir Alani  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Common JPEG formats are lossy compressions.

Try to save the barcode as 1 bit (black and white) in a lossless compression format such as TIFF Group 4 CCITT.

If that still failed, please send me a sample barcode that fails to read. You can either post it here, or you can send it to support@leadtools.com. In both cases, pack the image(s) in a ZIP or RAR file.

#3 Posted : Thursday, December 4, 2008 8:19:56 AM(UTC)

tommieb  
tommieb

Thank you. I think that I might be able to get it to work. The problem is that I wanted to use tif files and the customers demands to use jpgs to save storage space.

If you could help me with something else possibly.

I am having problems figuring out how to create the write code for a code 3 of 9.

I need to create labels each with a different number on them.

Is this possible?

#4 Posted : Thursday, December 4, 2008 8:35:40 AM(UTC)

tommieb  
tommieb

Oops I created a new topic instead of a post to this one.

I am using VS2005 and vb.net.

There are lots of examples for c# but frankly, I don't understand them. Need a simple example of exactly what I have to do to write the barcode as a 3 of 9.

Thanks.

#5 Posted : Friday, December 5, 2008 9:47:46 AM(UTC)

GregR  
GregR

Groups: Registered, Tech Support, Administrators

tommieb wrote:Thank you. I think that I might be able to get it
to work. The problem is that I wanted to use tif files and the customers demands to use jpgs to save storage space.

Do they need the images to be color or black and white?  JPEGs can only go as low as 8bpp grayscale, but TIFs can be black and white and will achieve much greater compression if that is an option.

As for writing barcodes, take a look at the main barcode demo that ships with the SDK (\Examples\DotNet\VB\BarcodeDemo).  It uses a dialog to select the options where you can choose the barcode type.  Then you can debug and project and see what objects and properties it passes to the Write function.

If you have any more questions or have further problems regarding this, please let me know.