Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 4, 2008 6:09:18 PM(UTC)

tisapac  
tisapac

Groups: Registered

Hi,

We have developed an application using Leadtools Raster Imaging 15, with Kodak i40 Scanners. We find that it initialization time of the scanner (that is, after we press the scan button until the scanner really feed in paper) is quite slow. We’ve done an analysis and got the following breakdown:

Code ExecutionTime(ms)
mRasterSupport.Unlock RasterSupportType_Pro, "NNNNNNNN" 1391
Set mTwainSession = New LTDTwainInterop.TwainSession 687
If mTwainSession.IsAvailable(hWnd) Then 328
mTwainSession.Startup hWnd, "LEAD Technologies, Inc.", "LEADTOOLS Twain COM", "15.0", "", LTDTwainInterop.TwainStartupFlags_None 313
mTwainSession.EnableEvent LTDTwainInterop.TwainSessionEventsIDs_OnAcquirePage 47
Set tcDPI = twnSession.GetCapability(mCapType, TwainGetCapabilityMode_GetCurrent) 171
Set mVal = mArrayValue.GetValue(0) 91
Set codecs = New LTDCodecsInterop.RasterCodecs 328
codecs.Startup 360

Among that, the 1st line (mRasterSupport.Unlock) spent 1.39 second. Why it takes so long?

Note that unlike other application that this line may be executed once during the whole application, we created an ActiveX and every time we call Scan (launch from IE), we have to create an new instance of this ActiveX so this line must be executed once, which creates a big overhead. What can be done?

Beside the mRasterSupport.Unlock line, what other line can be modified to enhance the initialization speed?

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 9, 2008 5:35:13 AM(UTC)

jigar  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

It's probably because that is the first call to our DLLs and the DLLs have to be loaded/initialized when you make that call.  I tested it out with a sample project which just calls Unlock method and it took around 500ms on my machine.  I am running on a P4 3.2Ghz, 1GB RAM system.  I have IE7.  Are your system specs similar?  I have my project attached.  You will just have to change the key in the source and build the OCX.  Then run test.html.  Let me know how it goes.
File Attachment(s):
VB6_ActiveXControlLTDInterop15.zip (8kb) downloaded 19 time(s).