Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 3, 2008 4:49:27 PM(UTC)

bob  
bob

Groups: Registered

I am evaluating Leadtools V16.Net. Whenever I run a program with Leadtools, it attempts to access the internet when it starts execution. This can be a problem for my customers. Does the licensed version of Leadtools also access the internet? If so, is there a way to disable it?

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Thursday, December 4, 2008 12:33:34 AM(UTC)
Maen Hasan

Groups: Registered, Tech Support

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

What are the LEADTOOLS v16 .Net Demos that you tried to Run?

Thanks,
Maen Badwan
LEADTOOLS Technical Support

#3 Posted : Thursday, December 4, 2008 6:00:32 AM(UTC)

bob  
bob

It was not a demo. I made a new VB 2008 Windows Form Application. It contained a form and a command button only, with none of my code in the application. When I ran it, there was no internet access. Then I added a RasterImageView control and all available Leadtools references. I did not add any code to the application. When I ran it that way, it tried to access the internet. I assume this is because of Leadtools, but I'm not sure.

#4 Posted : Friday, December 5, 2008 9:24:51 AM(UTC)

GregR  
GregR

Groups: Registered, Tech Support, Administrators

This is not a LEADTOOLS problem but a .NET framework problem. We sign our assemblies with Authenticode, so the .NET framework will try to authenticate the signature when it loads them. Even if you aren't connected to the Internet, our assemblies should still load and work properly.

Sometimes this can cause loading time issues for some customers. Here's a knowledge base article from MSDN with a hotfix for this issue:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936707

Edited by moderator Thursday, November 3, 2016 8:59:41 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#5 Posted : Friday, December 5, 2008 10:35:10 AM(UTC)

bob  
bob

Thanks! That was it. I added these lines to the app .config file and it cleared it up. It also starts up a lot faster.

<runtime>
    <generatePublisherEvidence enabled="false" />
  </runtime>