Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 25, 2008 6:45:32 AM(UTC)
martin.pastor

Groups: Registered

Hello.

My name is Martin Pastor. I am beginner with LeadTools and Visual Studio.

I am trying to display an image using the instruccions that appears in Lrocx.pdf (an pdf manual which says how to do it). This manual is written for Visual C++ 4.0 or 5.0. I am a Visual C++ 8.0 user. It has chaged a lot respect to those. I think that I have follow all the steps correctly, but in the compilation appears some errors. I am nearly sure that I know the problem. In the pdf manual says when "the LEAD control icon is placed, ensure that CLead, CPicture, and COleFont are checked". I do not know how to ensure. Please, can you help me?

Thanks in advanced.

Martin Pastor

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 26, 2008 4:22:56 AM(UTC)

Adnan Ismail  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Martin,
Do you need to use the C++ language specifically or could you use other languages supported by Visual Studio 2005?
I'm asking because using OCX with C# or VB.NET can be easier than using them with C++ if you are a beginner.

If you must use C++, try to compile and run the "demo" example source code in our examples folder under VC++ 8, does it compile and run correctly? The example is located in this folder:
[LEADTOOLS 14]\Examples\OCX\MFC40

I already did that and the demo worked correctly.

#3 Posted : Thursday, November 27, 2008 7:30:55 AM(UTC)
martin.pastor

Dear Adnan.

Thank you very much for your advices. Unfortunately, I have to use C++. I have follow your advice and it works pretty good. The problem appears when I try to write a new application. In Visual Studio 8.0 does not exist anymore the MFC Class Wizard. So, it is imposible to elect the classes when a new control is inserted.

Simply, it is imposible to use Leads v14 with VisualStudio 8.0.

Thank you very much another time and apologizeme for the disturb.

Martin Pastor.

#4 Posted : Sunday, November 30, 2008 6:32:44 AM(UTC)

Adnan Ismail  

Martin ,
There is a help topic in the LEADTOOLS 14.5 Main ActiveX help file titled "Using the Main ActiveX Control in VC++ .NET". It explains how to create a new Visual C++ MFC project that uses our control. Please try the steps in that topic.

#5 Posted : Monday, December 1, 2008 2:55:01 AM(UTC)
martin.pastor

Dear Adnan,

I'm sorry, but I can't use the LEADTOOLS 14.5. I have the LEADTOOLS 14.0. Finally, it isn't important to use the control. I would like to try build a console application. Do you know some example?

Thank you in advanced.

#6 Posted : Monday, December 1, 2008 5:56:47 AM(UTC)

Adnan Ismail  

This depends on the toolkit you own. If it's Raster Imaging Pro or higher, you will have access to our DLL API functions and our C++ Class Library, which will enable you to use the toolkit without the need for the Main OCX.

However, if it's Raster Imaging (not Pro), you will not have access to these other programming interfaces.

If you're not sure, please send your product serial number to support@leadtools.com (do NOT post it here) and mention this post.

#7 Posted : Tuesday, December 2, 2008 4:17:50 AM(UTC)
martin.pastor

Dear Adnan.

I have change to LeadTools v13 PRO. I have seen some example. I will try with these.

Thank you very much.