Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Monday, November 10, 2008 9:08:15 AM(UTC)
ptrzeciak

Groups: Registered

Can anyone tell me what that return code means exactly.

I converted a program from v13.5 to v15 and suddenly I started getting this return code for SOME images that normally would be ok. I can't get any additional code as far as I can tell.

What could be causing it?

Here is the code:

uFlags = FILEINFO_TOTALPAGES;

ImageOptions.uStructSize = sizeof(ImageOptions);

nRet = L_FileInfo( Source.szFilename, &Source.FileInfo, sizeof(Source.FileInfo), uFlags, &ImageOptions);
if (nRet!=SUCCESS) {

}

Thanks!!!

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Monday, November 10, 2008 11:13:10 PM(UTC)

Adnan Ismail  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

The error code 0 (Function not successful) means that there is a problem when you call the L_FileInfo(). This failure could be generated by incorrect parameters you pass to the function. Can you try to isolate this issue in a very small test project (not your full application)? If yes, please send me this project in a ZIP or RAR file with a sample image so I can check it for you.

#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 11, 2008 3:34:23 AM(UTC)
ptrzeciak

After a bit more testing, it appears to me that it is "volume" related, as I only get the problem when my system is under heavy load and not when I try to process a single set of images. This is a very specific project with image data arriving from a custom imaging system, running on the IBM mainframe, so it would be hard to duplicate outside our own environment. I'll see if I can introduce some concurrency control and I'll come back if I have any other questions.

Thank you!!!

#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 11, 2008 9:59:59 AM(UTC)
ptrzeciak

After some more research, I can't really figure out why the L_FileInfo fails... the source file is there and it is a valid file.

However, it appears that I can accomplish the same using L_FileConvert. The problem is I'm converting from multipage MOD:CA to multipage TIFF, and so far L_FileConvert, only takes the first page, however the help file clearly states that it converts from any format to any format. Can anyone help me with the parameters to make sure all pages are included in the conversion. Thanks!!!

#5 Posted : Wednesday, November 12, 2008 5:18:16 AM(UTC)

Adnan Ismail  

The L_FileConvert method has the following parameters:
pLOADFILEOPTION pLoadOptions;
pSAVEFILEOPTION pSaveOptions;

Using them you can control the page number you load and where to save it. Did you try to use them?

About the original problem, please make sure you initialize the FILEINFO structure to zero values before using it. Otherwise, you could get the Failure error code.

#6 Posted : Wednesday, November 26, 2008 10:46:08 AM(UTC)
ptrzeciak

Hello again!

So, all the values are initialized to 0s, but the L_FileInfo returns "0" error code. The source file is there and the demo app can open it ok, as a MOD:CA. Like I mentioned before, this issue seems to be rendom (different images failt to convert at different runs) and load related (large number of threads).

Are you aware of any issues with LeadTools libs under such conditions?

Thanks!

#7 Posted : Thursday, November 27, 2008 2:41:02 AM(UTC)

Adnan Ismail  

Please try to isolate the problem as follows:
1. Create a new small project that only calls L_FileInfo.
2. Test it with some of your images.
3. If it triggers the problem with a specific image, send us the image and small project (not your full application) in a ZIP or RAR file.
4. If the problem is not triggered, try to simulate high volume by calling it in a loop and with multiple files.
You can send files to support@leadtools.com or post them here.