Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 19, 2008 7:12:25 AM(UTC)
mahendra

Groups: Registered

Hi

I have build the application on windows XP, visual basic 6.0 and eprint 5.0 professional.

Now I wants to deploy it on the Windows  2003 server for which we need to install the eprint 5 terminal server edition on the server.

I wants to know that is the application compatible on the server since we were using the eprint 5 professional DLL reference and now using the eprint 5 Terminal servere edition on the server ?

Please advise

Thanks

Mahendra

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 19, 2008 9:34:53 AM(UTC)

Walter  
Walter

Groups: Tech Support

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

Hello Mahendra,

It should be possible to use the same code developed for a single user application to be used with ePrint TS. The dlls shouldn't differ for a single user to multiple users of the same product.

The main difference is going to be in the licensing of the product. To begin, you'll have a single license that will be good for allowing the TS admin/developer to use and test the product. You'll then have to update the server to allow multiple concurrent connections. You can do this in code, or by using the utility that comes with ePrint 5 TS.

For updating the server license in ePrint, please check the documentation for one of the following methods:

API - L_EpnOEMUpdateServerLic
COM - OEMUpdateServerLic (IEPrint)
Walter Bates
Senior Support Engineer
LEAD Technologies, Inc.
LEAD Logo

#3 Posted : Thursday, November 20, 2008 4:53:41 AM(UTC)
mahendra

Thanks Walter,

I think I missinterpret my problem..

Here are problem decription.

I have build a test application with VB 6.0 and Eprint 5 profeesssional version using the LPEPC05N.dll {Lead eprint COM object library (5.0) }. It is working fine on the XP machine.

Now I need to test this exe on the windows 2003 server where eprint 5 terminal server is installed.

But when I copy the exe on the server and try to run its giving me the error like

"AUTOMATION error specified module could not be found "

So Please suggest me do I need to change any thing in VB referenece library or what ??

Please advise

Thanks

Mahendra

#4 Posted : Thursday, November 20, 2008 12:08:39 PM(UTC)

Walter  
Walter

Yes, I think there is a bit of confusion about exactly what you're trying to do. I have a couple of questions for you.

Are you developing a regular ePrint application, or are you developing an ePrint TS application? If you're developing a regular ePrint application, this will not work on Win2003 Server because ePrint does not permit printer sharing.

It also appears that you're attempting to deploy the application from XP to Win2003. Are you just deploying the exe, or are you also deploying all of the necessary dlls with the exe for an ePrint application to run?
Walter Bates
Senior Support Engineer
LEAD Technologies, Inc.
LEAD Logo

#5 Posted : Friday, November 21, 2008 12:01:57 AM(UTC)
mahendra

Hi Walter,

Yes we are developing a regular eprint 5 application on XP. but we need to deploy it on the windows 2003 server since our production environment is on Win 2003 server.

So my query is will this implementation (Code which we have develop on XP with help of eprint 5 professional version) needs to modify since we are deploying it on windows 2003 server where eprint 5 TS is installed?

if we are developing application for eprint 5 terminal version then which DLL we should refer in application?

Thanks

Mahendra 

#6 Posted : Monday, November 24, 2008 11:26:50 AM(UTC)

Walter  
Walter

Hello Mahendra,

The dlls for both the regular ePrint and ePrint TS edition are exactly the same. We don't have separate dlls for each of these versions. As I mentioned before, the difference comes in the licensing. You must have an ePrint TS license for ePrint to work on a server edition of Windows. You'll need to unlock the TS edition with the code I've mentioned previously.

The deployment aspect will be exactly the same; Everything is listed in the help file topic "Files To Be Included with Your Application". Please read this help file topic carefully.
Walter Bates
Senior Support Engineer
LEAD Technologies, Inc.
LEAD Logo