Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Monday, November 17, 2008 2:20:10 PM(UTC)

millerf  
millerf

Groups: Registered

Hi everyone,

I am actually trying to set up a streaming video client in c++ with the LEADTOOLS Multimedia Kit.
I just wanna get a basic one, able to play from a local video/audio stream . I have a server streaming video through RTP Unicast so far...

I just didn't find any documentation or hints ont he website/forum, and I have no idea where to start from...

Can anyone give me some help about it?

Thx
Fabien

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 18, 2008 5:55:26 AM(UTC)

Adam Boulad  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

We do have a Video streaming module that can be used to stream video or audio across the Internet or via Intranets. For more information and check our demos in the following directory:
[LEADTOOLS Multimedia]\Video Streaming Module\API\C++ Demos and check the Server and Client demos.

I have also replied to your email which you sent to our support email. In the future, please either post your question here or send it to support@leadtools.com.

#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 18, 2008 2:23:21 PM(UTC)

millerf  
millerf

Groups: Registered

Thanks Adam,

I think it's better to follow this on the forum, as it might be helpful for someone else...
I had checked the Client streaming, but there is no example in C++...there is a 'project' but it opens a .dsp (Developper Studio Project),... I have only Borland...
I actually just need to have a rough idea of which classes to use ...

Thanks
Fabien

#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 19, 2008 3:01:49 AM(UTC)

Adam Boulad  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Fabien,
Although Builder supports the same programming languages of MS Visual C++, I do not recommend trying to convert the Visual C++ projects to Builder projects.
C++ Builder allows you to draw our multimedia ActiveX controls (such as ltmmCapture and ltmmPlay) on a form and use them in a manner similar to Delphi and Visual Basic. This means it might be easier on the long run to convert the demo from VB6 to Builder.
This will be much easier than using COM functions such as CoCreateInstance.

You can find the video conferencing demos for VB 6 in this folder:
LEADTOOLS 14.5\Examples\Ltmm\VB\
They are called NetServer and NetClient.

To add a control to Builder, use the "Import ActiveX control..." option from the Component menu.

Note:
In version 16 of LEADTOOLS multimedia, we have 2 demos for C++ Builder, which are for multimedia Capture and Play features.