Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 15, 2008 12:03:58 AM(UTC)
vighnesh

Groups: Registered

Hello I have made possible video conferencing by using these two controls on the same computer i.e. PlayControl at client side and capturecontrol at the server side. is it possible to make a code like If client wants to capture videos of remote server, we would create play control as well capture control on the client side and by setting Target file and source file, video capturing from server to client is possible.

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Sunday, November 16, 2008 6:27:38 AM(UTC)

Yasir Alani  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Do you mean you want to use the Capture control on one computer, and display the video on another computer in a Play control? If yes, you can do this by specifying the IP address of the first computer in the program that you run on the second computer.

If this is not what you mean, please give me more details.

#3 Posted : Sunday, November 16, 2008 6:03:04 PM(UTC)
vighnesh

Well yes The thing I want to do is capture video on one computer and display it on the second computer but for this i do not want to create capture control and play control on seperate computers. I want capture control to be created on the computer where play control itself is created i.e. create capture control and play control at client side. Is this approach possible? Thank you.

#4 Posted : Sunday, November 16, 2008 7:51:17 PM(UTC)
vighnesh

And One More thing, If the approach in last post I mentioned is possible which would be the efficient solution ?
(1) Capture Control and Play Control on Client Side.
(2) Capture Control on Server Side and Play Control on Client Side.

Thank you.

#5 Posted : Monday, November 17, 2008 6:18:55 AM(UTC)
Maen Hasan

Groups: Registered, Tech Support

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

You can't do this by creating the capture and play control on the same computer. The reason is that you will need something to send the data from the first computer to the second.

You can do this by creating the capture control on the first computer and the play control on the second computer.
You need to set the ltmmCaptureCtrl.TargetFormat to ltmmCapture_TargetFormat_NET and set the server address as target file. Then you need to set the ltmmPlayCtrl.SourceFile to the address of the server computer that you used with the capture control.

For more information, please see the following help topic in the LEADTOOLS Multimedia documentation:
- A Complete Example: Server and Client

Thanks,
Maen Badwan
LEADTOOLS Technical Support

#6 Posted : Monday, November 17, 2008 5:45:02 PM(UTC)
vighnesh

Okay Thanks I have already done the approach you have mentioned. I wanted to try the first approach. But somehow its not possible. Thank you.