Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 12, 2008 6:53:46 AM(UTC)
photo boy

Groups: Registered

Hello,
   I am attempting to compile some video clipt into a single file.  The clips are of two different file types - even numbered clips are known to be mpeg4 with video only, but the odd numbered clips are of unreliable format (differing resolutions) but the same as each other in each run.
   Do I need to run through both sets of clips first to put them into a known, single format (i.e. all the same res/fps/encoding) before I can concat them into one file? or is there some way I can reduce the load by running the concat over the original source files?  I have tried with an adapted version of the sample code (C++) but it will only concat every other file, missing the even numbered clips.

Thanks in advance.

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 12, 2008 11:22:09 PM(UTC)

Yasir Alani  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

What version of our Multimedia toolkit are you using?

About your problem, can you play the files that get skipped in any of our Playback demos (like the C++ Multimedia Player demo)? If not, then you will not be able to process these files using LEADTOOLS as well.

#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 12, 2008 11:32:18 PM(UTC)
photo boy

Sorry, I'm using v15.

Yes, the files are all of standard formats, it just so happens that the ones being skipped are .asf files (mpeg4 with video only).  I've already got some code that can put all of the clips onto a dvd (as individual chapters) but need to join the clips to a single video to burn as a single chapter.

#4 Posted : Thursday, November 13, 2008 5:17:02 AM(UTC)

Yasir Alani  

You haven't mentioned if the files that get skipped play on any of our playback demos.

#5 Posted : Thursday, November 13, 2008 6:54:31 AM(UTC)
photo boy

Yes, the files play in playback demos, and they convert in the convert demo, and I'm successfully converting them elsewhere.  The question is can I concatenate take these files (asf) and concatenate them with my other files (m2v) directly? or do I need to convert the asf files to mepg2 before I concatenate?  I'm looking for the most efficient way of doing this.

#6 Posted : Friday, November 14, 2008 2:46:44 AM(UTC)
photo boy

OK, I've made a few changes in the hope of getting this thing running...
Here's what I'm attempting:

convert1 takes the m2v files as input and target1 as output;
convertA takes the asf files as input and targetA as output;
convert2 takes source1 as input and an m2v file as output.

All are configured to output MPEG2_PROGRAM target format;
convertA is configured to use the "RecommendedVideoCompressor" for the target format;
convertA is configured to use the resize filter set to 720x576.

As per the concat example, the "ConvertFile" function is used to copy the samples from target1 and targetA in turn into source1.

Once all is done, source1 gets an end of stream and convert2 is stopped.

This results in a worse case than before - onlt the first clip is transferred to the destination file.

Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?
File Attachment(s):
VideoJoin.zip (3,656kb) downloaded 44 time(s).

#7 Posted : Sunday, November 16, 2008 6:05:19 AM(UTC)

Yasir Alani  

Do the source files share the same frame rate?

If you are using source files with different frame rate, in our Concat And Resize Files demo, you will get a warning that "The provided files have different frame rates. The resulting file will suffer playback problems, do you want to continue?". When I concatenated the files, the resulting file was not correct.

#8 Posted : Sunday, November 16, 2008 11:02:38 PM(UTC)
photo boy

Sadly, the main part of the problem is that the two sets of files cannot be relied upon to be the same frame rate.  I believe that the current test files consist of one set at 25 fps and one at 30 fps.

#9 Posted : Monday, November 17, 2008 6:20:55 AM(UTC)
Maen Hasan

Groups: Registered, Tech Support

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

If the frame rate of the files that you want to concatenate is different, we can't guarantee the result of the concatenated file.

Try to insert the LEAD Video Frame Rate Controller Filter into the ltmmConvert control and see if it helps with the concat process.
For more information about the LEAD Video Frame Rate Controller Filter, please read the following help topic in the LEADTOOLS Filters Help file:
- LEAD Video Frame Rate Controller Filter User Interface (2.0)

Thanks,
Maen Badwan
LEADTOOLS Technical Support