Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 4, 2008 1:44:14 PM(UTC)

karent  
karent

Groups: Registered

I've been using ePrint Professional to convert ESRI ARCView layouts (small maps) to JPEG successfully for several months now.
I was a bit surprised when, after several days work, the latest batch I converted had almost all the text as question marks !
ePrint doesn't seem to recognise Arial Special G1 or G2 fonts - is there a solution ?
I need some of the special characters to show the diacritics (accents etc) on foreign placenames.

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 4, 2008 10:32:58 PM(UTC)

Yasir Alani  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Are these fonts installed on your computer in the Windows\Fonts folder, or does the application you are using to print with get them from somewhere else?

Also, try to print your maps to a non-LEAD printer (like a laser printer). Does the special characters appear correctly in the print out?

#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 5, 2008 2:10:03 AM(UTC)

karent  
karent

They print out fine on an Epson Aculaser C1100.

I'll check the font locations when I get home.

Karen

#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 5, 2008 11:53:47 AM(UTC)

karent  
karent

The fonts are in C:Windows\Fonts.
Karen

#5 Posted : Thursday, November 6, 2008 3:47:24 AM(UTC)

Qasem Lubani  

Karen,

I would like to take a look at the files you have and see how ePrint handles them at my end. Can you send me a small sample image? If yes, can you please put it in a ZIP or RAR file.

You can either post the files here, or send them to support@leadtools.com

#6 Posted : Thursday, November 6, 2008 1:20:24 PM(UTC)

karent  
karent

I'm not sure I can send any files - the layouts are part of a GIS project - I think I'd have to send the whole project...and you'd need ArcView 3.2a software.
I tried the Special font in Word and it eprinted OK.
I'm away from my PC for a few days now so will look again next week.

Karen

#7 Posted : Sunday, November 9, 2008 12:09:04 AM(UTC)

Yasir Alani  

Karen,

One thing you could also check is to print your maps to the ePrint 5 Workstation. When they appear in the Workstation, is the text correct, or is it replaced by question marks too?

#8 Posted : Saturday, November 15, 2008 2:50:30 PM(UTC)

karent  
karent

Question marks in ePrint 5 Workstation too.
I've managed to find a workaround by exporting to jpeg from within the GIS (ESRI's ArcView 3.2a) package - the results aren't as good as ePrint and I have to play around with the image resolutions but it does let me get the jobs done.

#9 Posted : Sunday, November 16, 2008 1:24:46 AM(UTC)

Yasir Alani  

If the text is replaced by question marks in the Workstation as well, then most likely this might be due to how the printing application is sending the print job to ePrint.

There is a thing that you can try, which is updating with the latest ePrint 5 build (if you don't have it). The latest build number is 5.0.1.118 – 14.5.0.059.

If the one you have is older than this, then please download the setup file for ePrint 5 from the download page at our website:
http://www.eprintdriver.com/free-evaluation.htm
Or you can use this direct link:
http://www.leadtools.com/EvalDownloads/ePrintEval/LEADTOOLSePrint5Pro.exe

Run the setup file and over-write all files, then select the "Repair" option from the InstallShield wizard and continue. When the repair process is completed, re-start your computer.

See if this solves the problem.

#10 Posted : Sunday, November 16, 2008 10:06:10 AM(UTC)

karent  
karent

I've got the latest version already - I don't suppose a re-install will make any difference.

I could try to install the evaluation version of ePrint on one of the machines at work (with the same GIS package) to see if it does the same - but I'll have to persuade the system managers first.

I might also try to see if there's a newer version of Arial or another similar font which contains the characters I need so I can try them.

#11 Posted : Sunday, November 16, 2008 11:31:55 PM(UTC)
Maen Hasan

Groups: Registered, Tech Support

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

I want to send you a small testing tool that might help us identify the problem. Please send a message to eprintsupport@leadtools.com and mention this forum post.

Thanks,
Maen Badwan
LEADTOOLS Technical Support