Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 30, 2008 6:06:17 AM(UTC)
dr_bogenbroom

Groups: Registered

Any ideas about this problem would be helpful.

We are using (I believe) the latest LT v.15 patches
Leadtools.dll version: 15.0.1.9
Leadtools.Codecs.dll version: 15.0.1.17

The issue:
When I try to load a large PDF in the RasterImageViewer and then click away to another application, when I come back to the RasterImageViewer application the status strip will no longer update.  I am handling the Codecs.LoadImage event to update progress status in a toolstripstatus label.  This works fine with large tiff files (I opened a 350 page tiff, clicked on other applications and the
toolstripstatus label continued to update without difficuly, but loading a very large pdf (57 pages of vector graphics that has to rasterize) the status label will update fine until I click on another application to make it active, once I do that the label will no longer update.  I have tried to force a refresh of the label, a refresh of the whole form containing the label, minimizing and restoring the application, etc.  Has anyone else seen this issue, and does anyone have a workaround idea?

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Thursday, October 30, 2008 10:21:16 AM(UTC)

GregR  
GregR

Groups: Registered, Tech Support, Administrators

Try Adding Application.DoEvents in the progress event.  This should allow .NET to refresh the controls on your form.

If that does not solve the problem, please send a small sample project (NOT your entire application) that isolates this problem so I can try to reproduce it here. 

NOTE: If you are attaching a project or file to the forums...
1.) Zip the file(s) up.
2.) Make sure it is less than 5 MB.  If it is larger, please send an email to support@leadtools.com and we'll send you FTP instructions.
3.) Remove ANY AND ALL unlock codes and LEADTOOLS DLLs.
4.) Do not click the preview button, the attachment will not show up when you post it.

If you do not wish to post your file(s) on the forum since they are publically viewable, please send an email to support@leadtools.com and make sure that you include a link to this forum post.

#3 Posted : Friday, October 31, 2008 2:22:42 AM(UTC)
dr_bogenbroom

Thanks for the reply.  This fixed it.  I have ended up using this in other places, for whatever reason it never occurred to try Application.DoEvents() here.

#4 Posted : Friday, October 31, 2008 3:03:12 AM(UTC)
dr_bogenbroom

I spoke too soon.  It does "fix" the issue that the status strip is not refreshing...the downside is that now my wait cursor that I was displaying is no longer displaying and the user can interact with the application.  I do not want the user to interact with the application while the image is loading.  I will try to put together a sample app that reproduces the issue.