Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Friday, October 31, 2008 2:10:01 AM(UTC)
johnny.alexandru

Groups: Registered

Hello.I'm developing a multimedia application and I decided to use LEADTOOLS Multimedia SDK. So I tryed to use the evalution version to see how is working/ if it's difficult to use/etc. I have created a basic application that uses some com objects from the SDK and I tried to test my app on another machine.So I copied my app on that machine.In the exe folder I copied all the dll that I used as reference and I registered with regsvr32 2 dll:  ltmm16.dll and dskernel2.dll but when I run the app is not working at the following line: ltmmPlayClass b = new ltmmPlayClass(). I don't receive any error. What I must do? I'm developing my app in Visual C#. Thanks!

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Sunday, November 2, 2008 5:07:44 AM(UTC)

Adam Boulad  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Johnny,
For applications that create the controls dynamically (for example using CreateObject or using New keyword), creating the control will NOT work, because our control is licensed.

You can either draw the control on the form (if you have a Winform application) or pass the license to the control. I have used the code below to dynamically create a Convert control. Please try it with the ltmmPlayClass.

//-----------------------
AxltmmConvertCtrl1 = new AxLTMMLib.AxltmmConvertCtrl();
System.Reflection.FieldInfo f;
f = typeof(AxHost).GetField("licenseKey", System.Reflection.BindingFlags.NonPublic | System.Reflection.BindingFlags.Instance);/*licenseKey*/
f.SetValue(AxltmmConvertCtrl1, "LEAD Multimedia Library Copyright (c) 1991-2007 LEAD Technologies, Inc.");
Controls.Add(AxltmmConvertCtrl1);
//-----------------------

#3 Posted : Sunday, November 2, 2008 7:45:25 AM(UTC)
johnny.alexandru

Can I use it with the Interop? Because I don't use winforms. How I must do?

#4 Posted : Monday, November 3, 2008 5:18:51 AM(UTC)

Adam Boulad  

Yes, you can use Interop. One way to do that, is to add a temporary for to your application, add our Play control and remove the temporary control. The AxltmmPlay class will remain and you can use it.

#5 Posted : Tuesday, November 4, 2008 1:01:10 AM(UTC)
johnny.alexandru

I don't understand.I tried this:
      ltmmPlayCtrl a = new ltmmPlayCtrl();
     but is not working.i don't receive any error but is not creating the object.

#6 Posted : Tuesday, November 4, 2008 5:29:15 AM(UTC)

Adam Boulad  

Johnny,
Have you tried the code I sent you in the first reply to dynamically create a ltmmPlayCtrl? If yes, did you face any errors?
If not, can you please try it?

#7 Posted : Tuesday, November 4, 2008 6:11:19 AM(UTC)
johnny.alexandru

I tried the first code and I get the error:
Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG))

#8 Posted : Wednesday, November 5, 2008 4:27:58 AM(UTC)

Adam Boulad  

Before any COM Object can be used, it must be registered.  Did you try to manually register the controls using REGSVR32.EXE? I know that you said you have already done that, but this error indicates that they are not registered.
For more information about the DLLs that you need to distribute, please refer to the following topic in "LEADTOOLS Multimedia COM Help File":
- Multimedia Files You Must Include With Your Application (Redistributables)

If you have done that and still get this error, it might have to do with a permissions problem in the registry. In all cases, Windows does not allow COM objects to be registered unless the process doing the registration has sufficient privileges.

If you still can't find the source of the problem, please create a new small sample project (not your full application) that shows the problem and put it in a ZIP or RAR file. You can either attach it here or send it to support@leadtools.com and mention this post.

#9 Posted : Wednesday, November 5, 2008 7:06:01 AM(UTC)
johnny.alexandru

The strange this is that if I compile and use the Player Sample from Leadteak SDK Sample I don't receive any error.In my sample I receive the error. I composed an email with my sample and sent it.

#10 Posted : Thursday, November 6, 2008 4:46:26 AM(UTC)

Adam Boulad  

Johnny,
I have received your email and your attachment. I will continue to work with you on this issue through email.