Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 23, 2008 5:25:44 PM(UTC)
csnorris

Groups: Registered

We are developing a service-oriented application based around a WCF service using Leadtools 16.  When I attempt to load a tif file using codecs.load(...), I get the error "Invalid file format."  When I try to save a blank image, I get the error message "Feature not supported."  Both of these calls work perfectly in a winforms app.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2008 10:11:28 AM(UTC)

GregR  
GregR

Groups: Registered, Tech Support, Administrators

Invalid File Format and Feature Not Supported are the errors you would get if your application cannot find the necessary Leadtools.Codecs.***.dll file for the file format you are trying to Load or Save.  Make sure that those DLLs are referenced and/or in the directory where your application is getting the other LEADTOOLS DLLs.

#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 28, 2008 5:30:06 AM(UTC)
csnorris

Groups: Registered

This is interesting, and I don't know if it's because this is an eval download or not.

In order for the WCF service to "see" the LT dlls, they must be reffed in the hosting application, whether that is a console app or a regular Windows service.  (And, of course, the dlls have to be in the right place for the hosting app, etc.)  At least that's what worked for me.

Thanks - you guys on the support forum have been awesome.  I understand that our company is negotiating a deal with LT and will be relying heavily on your products in our future projects.

#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 28, 2008 11:16:02 AM(UTC)

GregR  
GregR

Groups: Registered, Tech Support, Administrators

As far as I know, this is normal operation.  The application must be able to find the DLLs. 

If you don't want the DLLs to be in that directory, it might work if the DLLs are placed into the GAC.