Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 18, 2008 1:08:49 PM(UTC)
kchakraborti

Groups: Registered

Hello,

I have an ImageList control that has been associated with a multi page TIFF file. By default, the ImageList control displays the first page of the multi page TIFF file. Is there a way to use a different page within the TIFF as what's displayed on the ImageList control without altering the BitmapList property of the ImageList?

I am using LeadTools Document Imaging version 14.5.0.37.

Thanks in advance,
Kaushik

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Thursday, June 19, 2008 1:23:21 AM(UTC)

Yasir Alani  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

I'm not sure I understand the requirements. First of all, which programming interface are you using? In LEADTOOLS 14.5, we have image list controls in our DLL API, C++ Classes, Raster COM objects, ActiveX controls and .NET classes.

As far as I can tell, NONE of these image list controls has a property called BitmapList.

Please give me more details about what you're trying to do.

#3 Posted : Thursday, June 19, 2008 4:09:43 AM(UTC)
kchakraborti

I am using the Activex objects within a web page to display thumbnails on one side (LeadList control) and the actual document on the other side(Lead Main control). Please refer to attached screen shot. On the left section, when a multipage TIFF image is assigned using LeadList1.Insert() the thumbnail shows the first page of the multi page by default. But I wish to show some other page as the thumbnail without changing the underlying bitmap that is assigned to the ImageList item. Is that possible?

Thanks,
Kaushik
kchakraborti attached the following image(s):
Screenshot.jpg

#4 Posted : Friday, June 20, 2008 11:58:26 AM(UTC)

Walter  
Walter

Groups: Tech Support

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

Here is a sample project that shows a thumbnail different from the pages being displayed in the main control. The pages in the main control can be cycles from beginning to end with the previous and next buttons.
The thumbnail page displayed can be changed by using the LoadFromFile method from the ImageList control. The third parameter is the page to start on. The fourth parameter tells it to only load one page.
File Attachment(s):
Walter Bates
Senior Support Engineer
LEAD Technologies, Inc.
LEAD Logo

#5 Posted : Sunday, June 22, 2008 5:27:35 PM(UTC)
kchakraborti

Walter,
Thanks for taking time to post this solution. However the problem I have is my bitmap is not on a file on disk, rather I am actually loading the main control first using a HTTP image stream on the fly coming from a web server, and then loading the image list using ImageList.Insert(obj.Bitmap,...) method. I tried using the "obj.Bitmap" with the LoadFromFile and as expected, it did not like it. Any ideas how I can hack the LoadFromFile to load from a stream or .Bitmap object, instead of a file on local disk, or any other ways to do this?
Thanks again,
Kaushik

#6 Posted : Monday, June 23, 2008 11:16:13 AM(UTC)

Walter  
Walter

Groups: Tech Support

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

I've modified the project to use images that come from internet sites. I hosted the file locally to test it.

Does this help?
File Attachment(s):
Walter Bates
Senior Support Engineer
LEAD Technologies, Inc.
LEAD Logo

#7 Posted : Tuesday, June 24, 2008 4:01:51 AM(UTC)
kchakraborti

Awesome! So the trick was setting the BitmapListIndex of the source bitmap to the intended page before inserting the item in the ImageList. That explains. Thanks a lot for your help!
Cheers!
Kaushik