Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Monday, June 16, 2008 12:25:11 PM(UTC)

cguanes  
cguanes

Groups: Registered

I have Windows Vista SP1 and Scanner Fujitsu fi-5120C.

I'm developing an application for scanning, so I tried all the samples projects that come with leadtools installation and all of them just hang after click the scan button of the Twain driver dialog. <br>I have my old version with leadtools 12 and it works fine.
<br>
Please help.
<br>
:'(
<br><br>
Thank you

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 17, 2008 3:18:51 AM(UTC)

Qasem Lubani  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Does the issue appear on other scanners? Or is it specific to the "fi-5120C"? Is there any error message displayed?

I would like to know what is the LEADTOOLS DLLs version number(Version info that you have)?

#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 17, 2008 5:36:54 AM(UTC)

cguanes  
cguanes

I installed the last setup and also the latest patch _5_5_2008.
The samples that I tried are the samples 1 to 6 under (start menu) Raster Image Pro, Dot Net, Twain.
<br>
I have to say the samples of Version 12 works fine, so my program that I did on VB6. I have Paperport 11 running fine too.
<br>
I can do "scan preview", but when I click "scan" it just hang.

All dlls show version 15.0.0.0 (date 4/29/2008)

#4 Posted : Tuesday, June 17, 2008 5:55:13 AM(UTC)

cguanes  
cguanes

I forgot, I have tried on another computer with Vista SP1 and it has the same problem.
Pc with Windows XP SP3 is working fine.

I don't have another scanner model/brand. We all use the Fujitsu scanner.
Thanks

#5 Posted : Wednesday, June 18, 2008 7:39:15 AM(UTC)

Qasem Lubani  

Please try the Twain Sample Source (virtual scanner) from the
Twain Working Group. The driver can be obtained by downloading the Twain SDK from www.twain.org

#6 Posted : Friday, June 20, 2008 8:29:19 AM(UTC)

cguanes  
cguanes

LT Samples hang too with the Virtual Scanner Twain. And I tried the twain_32 twacker it works fine with the fujitsu and virtual.

Testing in two computers with Vista Business SP1.

#7 Posted : Monday, June 23, 2008 7:19:29 AM(UTC)

GregR  
GregR

Groups: Registered, Tech Support, Administrators

I have a Fujitsu fi-5120c and can test this, but I will need to set up a test machine.

Is this problem with Vista 32 or 64?

#8 Posted : Monday, June 23, 2008 3:00:59 PM(UTC)

cguanes  
cguanes

Both PC (1 desktop and 1 Notebook) are running Vista Business 32 with SP1 and the Driver installed is V9.18.709 (I downloaded twice from fujitsu (http://www.fujitsu.com/us/services/computing/peripherals/scanners/support/downloads.html)

Thank you

#9 Posted : Tuesday, June 24, 2008 7:34:00 AM(UTC)

GregR  
GregR

I set up a fresh Vista 32 bit machine, installed SP1 and all additional Important and recommended updates, then installed LEADTOOLS v15, applied the patch, and installed the TWAIN drivers from the link you provided.  I cannot reproduce this problem on my side.  I tested many .NET and API demos, all of them work perfectly fine with both the preview and full scan with the TWAIN sample source and the Fujitsu 5120C. 

The only thing I can think of is to make sure that the correct LEADTOOLS dlls are getting loaded.  For example, if you have an old build of the dlls in the GAC, then those will get loaded before the ones in your application directory.  You can test and see which DLLs are being loaded by your application at any time by using Process Explorer.  This is a free program that is available from http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653.aspx.    

To see the DLLs, click on View -> Lower Pane View -> DLLs.
To see the path of the DLLs, click on View -> Select Columns, go to the DLL tab, and select the Path checkbox.

#10 Posted : Tuesday, June 24, 2008 11:00:27 AM(UTC)

cguanes  
cguanes

I check with the procmon and all dll are reading from the leadtools15 folder.
After that and just in case, I uninstalled the leadtools 12 and 15 that I had on my desktop, and deleted all remains dll from my HD, reboot and install back just the 15 (last setup & 5_5)....

It still not working... preview works, but when I click Scan, the twan dialog just hang there and don't respond anymore.

what I don't understand is ... samples of V12 works fine...(I have 14.5 too but I didn't tried)

I will looks for another Vista PC...

#11 Posted : Tuesday, June 24, 2008 1:09:42 PM(UTC)

cguanes  
cguanes

I made it work in a new pc with vista sp1.

I notice on that pc when click the "select source" it shows two sources the "Fujitsu fi-5120Cdj" and "Wia...".
On the other two computer the "Wia..." doesn't show.

Does that means something? (V12 shows the Wia...)

#12 Posted : Tuesday, June 24, 2008 1:22:41 PM(UTC)

cguanes  
cguanes

I just installed 14.5 Raster Image Pro .Net and it works.

It is really something with the V15.

V14.5 shows the "WIA..." too

Tell me what test or report do you need from my side.
Thank you.

#13 Posted : Wednesday, June 25, 2008 5:55:32 AM(UTC)

GregR  
GregR

Since v15 works on your fresh machine, our test machines, but not your
others, it seems to be isolated to those machines.  If you can find a way to consistently reproduce this, let me know. 

Did you install 14.5 on one of the machines that v15 wasn't working on or the machine where it is working?

If you install 14.5 (or 12) on the machine where v15 is now working, will v15 stop working?

There's only one function in the TWAIN API that calls SelectSource to show that dialog and our libraries wrap that function.  I don't see how one version of LEADTOOLS would affect the way another version works.

#14 Posted : Wednesday, June 25, 2008 8:09:16 AM(UTC)

cguanes  
cguanes

After clean up my pc, uninstalling all versions and all SDK, deleted any LT DLL, uninstalled the twain, delete from computer device manager the hidden scanner drivers. Reboot. Installed back the twain and just the V15 still not working.
After that I reinstalled the 12 and 14.5, both of them works.

In attachment the selectsource dialog of the sample "C# twain multipage demo" V14.5 and V15
File Attachment(s):
selectsourcedlg.rar (17kb) downloaded 23 time(s).

#15 Posted : Wednesday, June 25, 2008 8:23:35 AM(UTC)

jigar  

What version is the twain_32.dll file in the Windows folder?  Check the file versions on the Vista machine where it works and the one where it doesn't.  I remember one customer was having a problem scanning because the Fujitsu's installer overwrote that file with an older version.

#16 Posted : Wednesday, June 25, 2008 8:34:09 AM(UTC)

GregR  
GregR

Thanks for the additional information, but unfortunately you didn't completely answer my questions.

Did you install 14.5 on one of the machines that v15 wasn't working on or the machine where it is working?

If you install 14.5 (or 12) on the machine where v15 is now working, will v15 stop working?

#17 Posted : Wednesday, June 25, 2008 2:29:35 PM(UTC)

cguanes  
cguanes

"What version is the twain_32.dll file in the Windows folder? Check the file versions on the Vista machine where it works and the one where it doesn't. I remember one customer was having a problem scanning because the Fujitsu's installer overwrote that file with an older version."

There was the problem!.
I found two version of the twain_32.dll, one on windows (1.7.1.0) and the other on system32 (1.6.0.3). The one on System32 was older.

I renamed the one on system32 and now it is working.

I cannot see what version the "working" pc has because it is not near me.

I will have to take a note about this for future troubleshooting

Thanks.

PS: I installed the V15,V12 and V14.5 in all machines. The one working, it works in all versions.

#18 Posted : Thursday, June 26, 2008 3:38:08 AM(UTC)

GregR  
GregR

Glad we got this working, thanks for coming back and posting the solution!  This will be helpful information for other customers that may run into this problem.

#19 Posted : Thursday, June 26, 2008 5:05:48 AM(UTC)

Travis  
Travis

Groups: Registered, Tech Support

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Please contact the manufacturer of the scanner who is putting the Twain_32.dll in the system32 directory to let them know this is not the correct place to install this DLL.

It should be placed in the Windows directory.
Travis Montgomery
Senior Sales Engineer
LEAD Logo