Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Monday, April 21, 2008 6:54:15 AM(UTC)

mattie  
mattie

Groups: Registered

Hi,

we would like to recognize filled colour circles of a certain size on our documents. I know it is kinda possible to detect "circles" aka holes using the L_HolePunchRemoveBitmap function. This works however only on black and white images.

Does the leadtools kit provide any more general function to achieve this? But not too general like L_CorrelationBitmap ? :)

regards

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Monday, April 21, 2008 8:47:45 AM(UTC)

GregR  
GregR

Groups: Registered, Tech Support, Administrators

I'm sorry, but L_CorrelationBitmap is the best function we have to accomplish the goal you have described.

The only workaround I can think of is to use some kind of function like L_IntensityDetectBitmap and then L_ColorResBitmap to convert your image (or a copy of it) to 1bpp, then use the L_HolePunchRemoveBitmap on it.  You can choose to leave the image unchanged and then only return the region of where it was planning on filling with white, then apply that region to your original color image.  If you've set your intensity detect parameters correctly, and your colored circles aren't too different from their background, this may work.

#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 23, 2008 5:50:52 AM(UTC)

mattie  
mattie

Groups: Registered

thanks for the info