Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 21, 2005 4:38:50 AM(UTC)

timjax  
timjax

Groups: Registered

Suppose I have an image that contains advertisements which are all separated by a single character. Let's say this character is a horizontal line for instance. Is it possible to mark just one of these horizontal lines as BEGINNING a zone?(i.e.I want to mark off sections of my image as zones based upon the presence of this horizontal line being there).  Is there a way of doing this programatically in .NET (C# in particular)? I want to be able to highlight just one line on a page and tell the OCR engine to look for this type of line each time and pull out each individual advertisement based upon it's relative position to the horizontal line. The page could be tediously long so it would make no sense to have to highlight EVERY horizontal line and mark it as a zone. In other words, can the OCR engine do Pattern Recognition?

For example:

For Sale - 2004 Honda Accord $22,500

Call 555-5555

For Sale - 2003 Mustang GT $17000

Call 111-1111

For Sale - 2001 Explorer $13000

Call 999-9999

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Sunday, July 31, 2005 11:28:11 AM(UTC)
Maen Hasan

Groups: Registered, Tech Support

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Hello,

You can do this as follows:
1. Use the CorrelationCommand Class to find the occurrences of the "horizontal lines" image (the correlation image) in the image to be searched (the original image), and then the function will return a points array where the "horizontal lines" image is found in the original image.

2. Use the points array that is returned from the CorrelationCommand Class to define the zones using the RasterOcr.AddZone Method.

Thanks,
Maen Badwan
LEADTOOLS Technical Support