Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Friday, April 11, 2008 11:48:50 AM(UTC)
mblandfo

Groups: Registered

Hi, I looked over the website for the PDF Writer plugin and I got the impression that it can convert images to pdf, and that the Document Imaging can write annotations to a PDF by using a transparent image.

Is there any product in leadtools that will let me do something like write text at any angle, import fonts, and write links to a pdf ?

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Sunday, April 13, 2008 8:30:54 AM(UTC)

Adam Boulad  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

If you are interested in a SDK that can save to PDF, you can use our toolkit to do that, you can also use the Annotation objects (Part of the Document Imaging toolkit) to write text and rotate it, you can also use the system's fonts to change the text.
You can save the Annotation objects as a seperate layer or burn it (imprint it) to the image and change the Pixel Data.
If you need more information, or if this is not what you are asking for, please explain to me with more details.

#3 Posted : Monday, April 14, 2008 6:38:19 AM(UTC)
mblandfo

I looked through two examples: CSAnnotationsDemo and CSAutomationDemo. They show how to do these things through a UI, is there an example or documentation for adding and modifying a pdf without a UI?

I see how to rotate text and change the font and color. So.. suppose I
have a textbox with a couple paragraphs in it. How would I make one
word bold and a different word red and slightly larger font? Also is
there a way to know programmatically when the textbox is full?

#4 Posted : Monday, April 14, 2008 11:18:56 AM(UTC)
mblandfo

Actually.. these demos don't actually modify the pdf.. they just save a .ann file in the same directory as the pdf. I was hoping for a demo of the PDF Writer plugin.

#5 Posted : Tuesday, April 15, 2008 3:18:51 AM(UTC)

Adam Boulad  

Do you mean that you want to create and use Annotation objects programmatically?
If
yes, you can create and add the annotation objects without UI, you can find
sample codes in the .NET help files, for example, see the AnnTextObject Class help topic for sample code on how to create Text object.

I'm
afraid that you cannot have different text formats inside one text object, changing the format will change the format for all the text in that object.

Do
you mean that you want know if the text object capacity is full, or if the line in the text object is full and you will start a new line?

About saving the annotation objects, you must first
'Realize' the annotation objects, this will 'burn' the annotation objects to
the image, and they become part of the image. Saving the image with annotation
without realizing them will save the annotation in an ANN file. You can use the Realize option in the CSAutomationDemo from the Annotation menu.

#6 Posted : Tuesday, April 15, 2008 5:08:56 AM(UTC)
mblandfo

Thanks Adam :)

Let me see if I understand this correctly: The annotations demo uses the Document Imaging API to create an image from the annotations. 'Realizing' the annotations image uses the PDF Writer plugin to add that image to a pdf.

And yes, I was hoping to add text programmatically to a text object and know when it's full so I can stop adding text.

#7 Posted : Wednesday, April 16, 2008 1:28:10 AM(UTC)

Adam Boulad  

Realizing the Image will imprint
(burn) the annotation to the Raster Image and do not use the PDF writer plug-in. The Save function will use the PDF plug-in if you save PDF.