Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 1, 2008 7:24:53 PM(UTC)

mithila  
mithila

Groups: Registered

I am getting the following error in Windows 2003 server edition & windows xp

but the same application works fine in windows 2000 SP4 professional edition.

I am using "Leadtools.Codecs.dll" for 32 bit application. The windows 2000 machine has vs2005 but the windows 2003 server has only .net framework 2.0.

Message: Could not load file or assembly 'Leadtools.Codecs, Version=15.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=9cf889f53ea9b907' or one of its dependencies. This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B1)
Source: OCR
StackTrace: at OcrDemo.OCR.StartOCR(String strSourceFileName, String strDestinationFileName)
at OcrDemo.frmOCR.getChildFolders(String strRootFolder) in C:\visio\OCR\frmOCR.vb:line 100
at OcrDemo.frmOCR.frmOCR_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\visio\OCR\frmOCR.vb:line 62
TargetSite: Void StartOCR(System.String, System.String)
InnerException: This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B1)

ALso whne i try to register these dll using regsvr32 i get load library failed application configuration is incorrect

any help?

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 1, 2008 7:26:37 PM(UTC)

mithila  
mithila

im using the dll in evaluation mode.but works fine in windows 2000 m/c but not in xp m/c & windows 2003 server m/c

please help

#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 2, 2008 2:42:40 AM(UTC)
Maen Hasan

Groups: Registered, Tech Support

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Hello,

You could be using an old build of our .NET 15 DLLs. Please send an email to support@leadtools.com and ask for the .NET 15 Evaluation patches.

If you already bought the toolkit, please include your serial number in that email.

Thanks,
Maen Badwan
LEADTOOLS Technical Support

#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 2, 2008 3:14:49 AM(UTC)

mithila  
mithila

was able to fix this problem by copygin the two

Microsoft.VC80.CRT & Microsoft.VC80.MFC to the bin\debug folder

#5 Posted : Thursday, April 3, 2008 4:10:16 AM(UTC)
Maen Hasan

Groups: Registered, Tech Support

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Hello,

These files are needed by LEADTOOLS, but there is an important difference in the current version of the toolkit, and the version that existed 2 or 3 months ago.
Previously, version 15 of LEADTOOLS DLLs needed updated Microsoft files that were part of the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package.
The current version works with any version of the MS Redist, so they work with or without the SP1.

That's why I recommended getting the latest patch, so that you would be able to test our toolkit on more machines, not only on those with the VC SP1.

Please note if you downloaded the LEADTOOLS setup less than 3 weeks ago, it will work without SP1.

Thanks,
Maen Badwan
LEADTOOLS Technical Support