Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 26, 2008 10:12:04 PM(UTC)

Smoke  
Smoke

Groups: Registered

Hi,

I develop c# application and I need to add support for loading and saving vector files (dgn, shp,..). I downloaded evaluation version of LeadTools but there is no example how to load vector files in c#. Is possible to do it?

Thanks for your help

Smoke

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Thursday, March 27, 2008 3:58:51 AM(UTC)

Qasem Lubani  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

We
don't have a native .Net vector objects that can be used in C#. However, you
can use our DLL API Vector functions in .Net. The DLL API is available with LEADTOOLS version 15.

As an
easier alternative, LEADTOOLS version 14.5 contains ActiveX vector controls that can be used relatively easy in a .Net environment.  

If you are interested in using the Vector ActiveX controls form version 14.5, please send an email to support@leadtools.com requesting the free evaluation download link.

#3 Posted : Thursday, March 27, 2008 5:13:01 AM(UTC)

Smoke  
Smoke

I prefer version 15, because there is support for saving DGN.

Is somewhere example how to use DLL API Vector functions with C# or VB.NET?

Thanks

Smoke

#4 Posted : Thursday, March 27, 2008 5:44:55 AM(UTC)

GregR  
GregR

Groups: Registered, Tech Support, Administrators

This customer posted a project using the Vector API DLL functions in C# a few days ago.  You don't need to worry about the problem we was working through, but his test project (3rd post) does show how to use the API within C# and was pretty simple.

http://support.leadtools.com/SupportPortal/cs/forums/20023/ShowPost.aspx

#5 Posted : Thursday, March 27, 2008 8:28:58 PM(UTC)

Smoke  
Smoke

Thanks, the project explain me what I would to do.

I have developed vector editor in C#. Now I need to add support for reading/saving other vector formats (DGN, ...). I would like to use LeadTools only for loading/saving vectors and transform them to my internal structures. Therefore I need C# wrapper for 4 functions:
L_VecLoadFile, L_VecSaveFile, L_VecGetObject and L_VecSetObject.

Do you think it could be done with LeadTools? Is C# wrapper for those functions available?

Thanks

Smoke

#6 Posted : Friday, March 28, 2008 4:10:38 AM(UTC)

GregR  
GregR

Groups: Registered, Tech Support, Administrators

We don't make any C# wrappers, you will have to do that yourself because wrapping our API functions is just like wrapping any other Windows API function.  I pointed you to the other post so you can see how it is done and get a head start if you haven't seen it before.

There shouldn't be any limitations of which functions can be wrapped because you are just making calls to the API DLLs.