Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 25, 2008 1:41:01 PM(UTC)

M_F_L  
M_F_L

Groups: Registered

This is obscure, so I thought I would post it in the forums in case any other users have ever run into this.

We have a remote server, using remotescan as the scanner shell. LeadTools calls it. If we do a color gif scan here on our Fuji 4220c scanner (which works fine); and then switch to the local PC with the FUJI locally attached and do a B&W Gif scan, the FUJI ignores the B&W call that is sent to it and does a Half Tone dither 0 pattern instead.
We don't specify that anywhere.
It seems that the Fuji scanner driver gets confused.
We do explicitly pass it the bit (1 bit), the dpi (200), the type for saving (GIF), etc. But clearly it is ignoring it in this odd and unique case.

We can duplicate this pretty reliably.

Has anyone else ever run into something like this? Is there a way to double check forcing the values (without a lot of extra time spent checking capabilities, since scanning already takes too long) ???

Ciao, Thanks in advance. I know it's obscure and flaky. But sometimes I think we can't be the only ones who run into some of these things :-)

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 25, 2008 7:55:32 PM(UTC)

M_F_L  
M_F_L

A tiny bit more detail. When I view the FUJI scanners scanning interface, I see that the Image Mode gets set to halfTone (instead of the desired B&W) with a Dither Pattern 0 (instead of static threshold).

I have seen examples in the Lead help files about how to apply a halftone and dither pattern to an image, but how do I explicitly TURN IT OFF before acquiring a scan???

#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 25, 2008 8:59:06 PM(UTC)

M_F_L  
M_F_L

Would THIS be the correct syntax, or do I need to add something else to just make sure that the halftone dithering is turned off when images are 1 bits per pixel (m_lngImageType)???

If m_lngImageType = 1 Then
TwainCap.CapInfo.Capability = L_ICAP_BITDEPTHREDUCTION
TwainCap.CapInfo.ConType = L_TWON_ONEVALUE
Dim capval As New LEADRasterVariant
capval.Type = VALUE_USHORT
capval.LongValue = L_TWBR_THRESHOLD
TwainCap.CapOneValue.OneValItemType = L_TWTY_UINT16
TwainCap.CapOneValue.OneValCapValue = capval
Dim nRet As Integer
nRet = RasterTwain.SetCapability2(TwainCap, L_LTWAIN_CAPABILITY_SET)
Set capval = Nothing
End If

#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 26, 2008 5:07:41 AM(UTC)
Maen Hasan

Groups: Registered, Tech Support

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Hello,

I checked your code and it seems to be correct for setting the bit depth reduction capability using LEADTOOLS 14 Twain COM object.
If your scanner driver supports this capability, this should work. If it doesn't, let me know and I'll give you another way to test it using the Twacker utility.

Thanks,
Maen Badwan
LEADTOOLS Technical Support

#5 Posted : Wednesday, March 26, 2008 6:14:22 AM(UTC)

M_F_L  
M_F_L

Thank you. I appreciate the second set of eyes :-)