Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 26, 2005 2:34:46 AM(UTC)
ngxfer001

Groups: Registered

Hi,

I am running the NetClient and NetServer, what I found is that the bit-rate shown at the right lower corner doesn't seem to be corrected. First it is too large number, then it keep dropping continuely?? Why is that?

Ferdinand Ng

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 26, 2005 8:23:21 AM(UTC)

Feras  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

• A large number: The shown bit rate is in bytes per second, it’s not formatted as KBytes or MBytes; thats why it is large.
  • Drops continually: This happens at the beginning, then it stabilizes gradually. Monitor the value for a while to discover this.
  • The bit rate keeps varying: This is normal! It depends on many factors: the transmission line reliability (network), the used encoder and its settings; for example, some encoders use a variable bit rate which means the delivered bit rate depends on many factors most important is the nature of the media (pictures) being compressed, etc. To test the bit rate stability: use an encoder that has a constant bit rate option and set it to some value of your choice and monitor the received bit rate; you'll notice that after a while it will stabilize on a value and will vary very slightly depending on other factors like dropped frames.

Good luck ...

Feras.

#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 26, 2005 9:05:58 PM(UTC)
ngxfer001

Groups: Registered

Thank you Feras.

You help me alot.