Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 18, 2008 1:21:40 PM(UTC)
twawsico

Groups: Registered

Do the Multimedia SDK & codecs allow for smooth reverse playback of MPEG-2 video?

Thanks.

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 18, 2008 10:47:14 PM(UTC)

Qasem Lubani  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Although
our toolkit allows negative playback rate, which theoretically causes backward
playback, in practice most DirectShow filters do not support it. Currently none of the standard Microsoft DirectShow filters support backwards playback.

This means it will not work with our toolkit, because we use the DirectShow architecture.

#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 19, 2008 8:21:44 AM(UTC)
twawsico

I built the graph using the ULEAD filter for demulitplexing and decoding. Is it still not possible using your filters?

#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 19, 2008 8:24:13 AM(UTC)
twawsico

CORRECTION (since I can't edit my previous post)

I built the graph using the Lead Tools filters for demulitplexing and decoding. Is it still not possible using your filters?

#5 Posted : Wednesday, March 19, 2008 8:40:32 AM(UTC)
twawsico

Also, in speaking with your sales rep and, in a follow-up, a tech support person, I was told that reverse playback should be possible simply by setting a negative playrate. This does not work in my own app using DShow and a custom-built graph using your filters, nor does it work using your SDK .NET player object. Either way the error "One or more arguments are invalid" is returned.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#6 Posted : Thursday, March 20, 2008 9:00:56 AM(UTC)

GregR  
GregR

Groups: Registered, Tech Support, Administrators

Reverse playback is not possible in practice. The DirectShow documentation suggests that it's possible, but in our developers' testing, it is not possible. We are going to update our documentation to take out the suggestion that reverse playback via a negative rate is possible. I apologize for the confusion.

Edit by moderator:
Newer documentation states "Negative playback rates are supported only for MP4/ISO files. A negative playback rate plays the file backwards but the playback is video-only and only the key frames are displayed."

Edited by moderator Thursday, October 27, 2016 6:22:56 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified