Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 12, 2008 12:08:19 PM(UTC)
billbobs

Groups: Registered

There is a problem printing accounts receivable statements from our point of sale application to ePrint 5 Workstation.  The printed text does not correctly align with what I would call the statement “background grid”.  On each line the text begins at the proper place at the left hand side of the page, but it extends off of the page to the right, sort of as if the text font is a few point sizes too large.  This effect can be seen on screen in ePrint 5 Workstation, and prints to the printer as seen on screen.  If I change the ePrint 5 Workstation driver to that of our Samsung and “Print directly to the printer”, the statements print correctly, but then I do not get them into ePrint 5 Workstation.

I hope I have not missed something simple.  Thanks

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 12, 2008 10:25:54 PM(UTC)

Yasir Alani  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

It seems that the paper size used by your application does not match the paper size of the ePrint 5 Workstation printer.

Change the paper size of the ePrint 5 Workstation printer so it matches that of your application.

If the paper size in the print job is not available in the
default paper sizes of the ePrint 5 printer, then add your own custom paper size.

#3 Posted : Thursday, March 13, 2008 11:01:46 AM(UTC)
billbobs

Thank your for the suggestion, but the paper size does not fix the problem.  For example, if I increase the width, the wider sheet is seen in ePrint 5 Workstation and in the printed result, but the incorrect relationship between the data and the form background is unaffected, i.e. the data still misaligns with all columns except the left one, and extends past the right edge of the form. This does not happen if printed directly from the application to the printer.

#4 Posted : Sunday, March 16, 2008 3:34:15 AM(UTC)

Yasir Alani  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Since I don't have your system to test with, I can't be sure
what causes the problem, so I will try to suggest other factors that might be involved.

1. Try to set the Printer margins emulation to a different
printer, such as your Samsung printer. To do that right-click on the ePrint
printer that you are using and select Printing Preferences. In the Paper tab, select the Samsung printer from the "Emulate Printer" droplist.

2. Try to change the ePrint printer resolution to a higher
value. This could solve the problem if it's caused by rounding errors when calculating the output positions.

#5 Posted : Tuesday, March 18, 2008 12:39:45 PM(UTC)
billbobs

Thank you.  Changing the resolution fixed the problem.  I already had the margin emulation set  as a result of a previous post on this forum -- that had fixed a problem I had with output being "cut off" on the sides.

As with my previous margin problem, I do not think that I would have ever thought of the correct solution on my own.  Thanks again.