Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Friday, February 29, 2008 4:07:57 AM(UTC)
cyheltsley

Groups: Registered

I am having the same problem as was posted in this forum last year with an evaluation copy of Raster Imaging Pro v15.  I am trying to load a jpeg image and the load just hangs.  This works fine in a non-service application.  I did not find a solution for this problem.  Is there a solution?  Is it just that I am running an evaluation copy? 

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Friday, February 29, 2008 11:04:36 AM(UTC)

GregR  
GregR

Groups: Registered, Tech Support, Administrators

Is it reporting any errors?  Please try using a Try/Catch block to find out what the error is if you haven't already.

You  might want to check and see which dlls are getting loaded by the application by using Process Explorer.  This is a free program that is available from http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/utilities/ProcessExplorer.mspx.  Use this program and see what DLLs load by your win32 app and then see what is missing from your service app.

#3 Posted : Friday, February 29, 2008 7:53:06 PM(UTC)
cyheltsley

I do have a try catch but no error is returned.  The program goes into RasterImage Load and never returns and never gives an error.  I am using the same code in both applications:

RasterImage img = codecs.Load(rimfile, rec.rearOffset, rec.rearLength);

I used process explorer to look at the Leadtool dlls that were loaded in each application, service and non-service, and the same dlls were loaded

Leadtools.Codecs.Cmp.dll

Leadtools.Codecs.Fax.dll 

Leadtools.Codecs.dll

Leadtools.dll

Leadtools.ImageProcessing.Color.dll

Leadtools.Codecs.Tif.dll

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

#4 Posted : Monday, March 3, 2008 4:18:42 AM(UTC)

GregR  
GregR

Are all the dlls getting loaded from the same location?

Is the service and the win32 app being used on the same machine?  If not then there might be a problem with other dlls like the VC++ runtimes.

If you can't figure it out from those suggestions then I'll have to take a look at it.  Please send a small sample project (NOT your entire application) that isolates this problem so I can try to reproduce it here.

NOTE: If you are attaching a project or file to the forums...
1.) Zip the file(s) up.
2.) Make sure it is less than 5 MB.  If it is larger, please send an email to support@leadtools.com and we'll send you FTP instructions.
3.) Remove ANY AND ALL unlock codes and LEADTOOLS DLLs.
4.) Do not click the preview button, the attachment will not show up when you post it.

If you do not wish to post your file(s) on the forum since they are publically viewable, please send an email to support@leadtools.com and make sure that you include a link to this forum post.

#5 Posted : Monday, March 3, 2008 12:51:57 PM(UTC)
cyheltsley

The dlls are all the same.  They have been added as references to each project. 

I think the problem may be with displaying the evaluation pop up.  I don't think the service can display this.  If you have a service app, just try using an evaluation copy of Leadtools to see if you get the error. Does it make sense that this would cause my problem? 

#6 Posted : Tuesday, March 4, 2008 6:04:36 AM(UTC)

GregR  
GregR

I just made a simple service which loads an image from one directory and saves it to another and it worked fine with the nag dll that displays the nag message.

Please send a small sample project that isolates your problems so I can try to reproduce it here.