Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2008 9:05:14 AM(UTC)

cslater  
cslater

Groups: Registered

I've implemented a thumbnail viewer for multi page tiff images - however it is extremely slow, when you compare it to Microsoft Office Document Imaging software.

I came across the following support post that made a few suggestions how to improve performance.

http://support.leadtools...rums/17163/ShowPost.aspx

How do you know which thumbnails are visible to populate them?
I've never got the Fast Tiff loading examples to work - they compile and run but I don't ever so any improvement in load times.

Please provide an example of correct fast tiff image loading and proper thumbnail management.

Thanks

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2008 11:17:09 AM(UTC)

GregR  
GregR

Groups: Registered, Tech Support, Administrators

By default, RasterCodecs.Load will load all of the pages in a file, this is a common mistake people make when populating the ImageListControl.  This exponentially increases the memory requirements because you have multiple copies of multipage images in memory.

You will need to load each page one at a time into the RasterImageListItems. 

As long as it is a supported file format (JPEG, Exif) you can check to see whether an image file has a stamp by calling RasterCodecs.GetInformation and then checking the CodecsJpegImageInfo.HasStamp property for each page.  If it returns true, then use RasterCodecs.ReadStamp.  If false, or if the file format doesn't support stamps, then you should load and resize the page.  You can either load the page and then use the SizeCommand to resize it or use the RasterCodecs.Load overload that specifies a width and height which resizes the image while loading it.