Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2008 2:35:04 AM(UTC)
planespace

Groups: Registered

I'm trying to tile a lead bitmap onto another lead bitmap.  I've been using L_CombineBitmap but it's very slow.  The only other way that I can think of doing it that would be faster is to do the drawing on a DC then make a new lead bitmap out of that dc's canvas.  Is there a better way?

Karim

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2008 9:47:15 AM(UTC)

GregR  
GregR

Groups: Registered, Tech Support, Administrators

L_CombineBitmap is going to be the best way to combine two images into one. 

How slow is "slow"?

How large are the two source images? 

What exactly do you mean by tiling bitmaps onto eachother?  Does this mean you're just pasting one image on top of another or are you stitching the images together in a sense?

Painting to a DC is probably a worse idea because I'm pretty sure that a Microsoft DC requires contiguous memory.  I know that at the least DIBs do.  This would mean that if you are trying to combine large images, you might not have enough memory to accomplish it. 

#3 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2008 8:08:09 AM(UTC)
planespace

This is for applying a frame to a 300x300 pixel image. The original image is expanded to fit the frame and then 8 images (4 corner images and 4 side images) are applied.  The side images are tiled for each side.  Each frame image is about 20x20 pixels.

#4 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2008 3:38:55 AM(UTC)

GregR  
GregR

Groups: Registered, Tech Support, Administrators

300x300 isn't a very large image.  How long is it taking you to use L_CombineBitmap?

This size of an image should be safe to use L_PaintDC if you wanted to try that route, but I still think L_CombineBitmap is a better option because you're not converting to and from BITMAPHANDLEs and DIBs/DCs.

#5 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2008 3:58:45 AM(UTC)
planespace

Understood.  Thanks for the advice.